Site Sponsors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Sony FE 16-35/f4

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Sony FE 16-35/f4

Reality is I had the same issue with Nikon too. People on this forum with experience find these things out but the general public per say buys a lens and never test it out, so in reality there are a lot of sample variance that goes on with a lot of brands. Nature of mass production it seems.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygoesdigital View Post
    I've never had any battery issues with the A7. Make sure you're in airplane mode as that will significantly increase battery life. 80% of my shooting is outdoors in much, much colder temps - I get hundreds of shots per battery. Perhaps the battery grip or extra batteries would help if you're using a "smart" adapter because I also saw an increase when using an SSM lens.
    I live in Iceland and I have no problem about battery issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just came upon an interesting comparison (by Amin Sabet) between the Sony FE 16-35mm F4 and the Voigtländer 15mm F3.5 III.

What makes it interesting is that there are many crops. The pictures were shot at F8 with an A7rII, which makes sense for such short focal lenses.

https://www.talkemount.com/threads/13736/

The Voigtländer comes slightly ahead, not surprising given the zooms nature.