The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 28-135 f/4 E Lens

iiiNelson

It was announced back in May with the 16-35/4 actually. It is aimed at videographers but it seems like it could be a useful all around lens.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Looks really too big! What are they thinking?

I would not rate this as a carry around lens .....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This looks like a dedicated video production lens. Size and weight aren't always important in a production environment. I wouldn't mind owning one for my (virtual) A7s. Coming to think of it, I'd take the beetle too, preferably a 1303S Convertible :D

My guess is that there are other focal lengths on the way in housings that have identical diameters of zoom and focus rings, so that they will fit in the same rig without adjustments.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
No question this is designed for video and why the power zoom. Hood looks like it is made for filters inside it. Could we use it for stills can't see why not. Size might have a lot to do with internal motors in the lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I wouldn't mind using this for photography at all, and for event work, it might be perfect if it isn't too heavy, particularly for a combination of photo and video, which seems to become the rule rather than the exception nowadays. It would have been nice if the grip of the A7 was a bit deeper though, to help carrying this kind of weight.

I would also need something to keep it in. A beetle looks nice, but do they come with E-mount, Rafael?