The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dear Santa (Sony 2014 edition)

JoelM

Rather than a new and updated body like an A7r II, how about a first rate firmware update that addresses the shortcomings that affect us the most?

Joel

4season

I don't need too much, just a slender, pocket-sized FF camera with built-in EVF and 35 or 40mm prime. Curved-sensor RX2?

Steve P.

I don't need too much, just a slender, pocket-sized FF camera with built-in EVF and 35 or 40mm prime. Curved-sensor RX2?
Be careful what you wish for. Santa might just bring you a new pair of trousers with really, REALLY big pockets! :cry:

ThomasZ

Dear Santa,

1) Please make the new 16-35 F4 a sharp lens. Please!
2) Please let Sony release a new version of the 24-70 without that little corner problem.
3) Please let Sony find a solution for the annoying shutter shock in my A7r.
4) Please let Zeiss release a really good 20mm Loxia.

Chris C

I'm not greedy :

a7r [update]; quiet shutter, smooth shutter release, EFC would be useful, no shutter shock with 50mm lens.

……………. Chris

Michiel Schierbeek

A9 mirrorless Medium Format camera, with the Sony MF sensor, with interchangeable lenses and a silent shutter. One or two good lenses to start with is enough.
It will give a boost for the adapter producers to put all those wonderfull MF lenses from the past on it.
But may be I ask to much!?

k-hawinkler

A9 mirrorless Medium Format camera, with the Sony MF sensor, with interchangeable lenses and a silent shutter. One or two good lenses to start with is enough.
It will give a boost for the adapter producers to put all those wonderfull MF lenses from the past on it.

Thanks. Great idea. Too bad I don't own any MF lenses yet.
If such a Sony camera should materialize prices for MF lenses would increase no doubt!

ErikKaffehr

Hi,

I am seriously interested in a next generation A7r like camera. Most important features are:

• First electronic curtain
  • Larger battery capacity
  • On sensor phase detecting AF like A7
  • More MP welcome

Lenses:
  • I would have an 24-70/4 or rather 24-105/4 (if there was one)
  • Loxia lenses, but perhaps not the present ones, 28, 50, 85 preferred
  • Keep existing A-lenses with adapter (24-70/2.8, 70-400)

Christmas may come a bit late this year.

Best regards
Erik

So Photokina has come and gone. No more mystery cameras or lenses will be announced (probably). The reviews still need to appear for the 16-35 zoom but for the most part the choices for this year are sort of there. What will Christmas bring?

For anyone who would like to play the game, just list what you'll get (or in these tough economic times, what you'd like to get) and we can kibbitz over choices and priorities. Not original or extremely valuable information but potentially fun and maybe interesting.

I'll start.

Dear Santa:
I've been extremely good (meaning I sold off a bunch of kit) so bring me:
A7S, LAEA4, 16-35 F/4

Yours truly
me.

iiiNelson

No you're asking just enough. I think a MF mirrorless camera that has a short enough flange distance to adapt all of the major MF lenses to it (and FE/A-mount ones too for good measure) would be amazing. I've been torn between wanting MF for some time to better image my people and gritty black and white shots. All of the 645, 6x6, and 6x7 based MF solutions are all pretty bulky save for maybe the Arca TC camera. A "digital Mamiya 7" priced in line with the Pentax MF bodies ($5-8K) with EVF is essentially what would make me jump on that. Doesn't even have to be a FF... Actually while we're dreaming - why not make a MF A7s with wicked crazy high ISO and fat pixels with say 20-28 megapixels!?!