The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

35mm F2 Loxia compared to the 35mm F2.8 ZM

Annna T

The 35mm F2 Loxia compared to the 35mm F2.8 ZM with a few pictures here

It looks clearly better. The bokey is nice too, but I would like to see how the corners look when the lens is stopped down to F4-5.6 .. At F2 there is still quite a lot of smearing, but wide open you don't expect perfect corners, or do you ?

(Well this assuming that the corners where in focus as well as in the center (?) and that there wasn't too much wind)

What do you think ? (You can download the original full sized pictures in jpegs)

PS : I picked that link to 3D Kraft little review at Sony Alpha Rumors.

iiiNelson

Looks like a decent lens for most of us. I don't think it'll appeal as much to the pixel peepers and the corners still look pretty crushed albeit a lot less so. It'll be a good "people" lens IMO though.

I'm probably gonna wait on the 35/1.4 Distagon personally. The 16-35/4 (and the 35/2.8 until I sell it) will cover me to 35 until then.