Site Sponsors

Thread: Anyone Considering the FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Considering the FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS?

I haven't seen much discussion here. This lens fascinates me, as I've always had one "do it all" lens, and it comes in super handy on vacation trips and situations where a broad FL range is quickly needed. I've always had such a lens with my Nikon systems, and that type of lens became the workhorse.

I don't expect perfection, but certainly stopped down a bit should solve the most glaring issues. The Nikon versions were great as long as the maximum FL was avoided. I've taken some great shots over the years.

I expect more of the same, and better, from Sony. My one wish is NO lens drift, where the lens zooms out when pointed down. This is often an issue with a broad range, external zoom.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Considering the FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS?

Considering it... I'm not much of a zoom guy but there are times where they are clearly convenient like for vacation where you may not need ultimate IQ or a bag full of a range of primes.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about it, since it could be a decent option to pick up for telephoto. I think my current telephoto lens gets about 10-20% as much use as my wide angle or normal lenses, but there are certainly situations where it's indispensable.

Looks like it'll be the next lens to be released according to the roadmap, so let's cross our fingers that it is affordable!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks nice and compact. The 18-200 for the nex received good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

let's see if the optic performance is any good. im hoping it will at least match APSC 18-105mmG. if it can, then i can simplify my travel kit down to 16-35mm + 24-240mm and may be a CV 35/40 F1.4 lens.
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm