The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7/A7r/A7s - firmware update v1.10

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Even worse Don they also took out remote camera control which now eliminates my connection to C1 and tethered.

Guy Mancuso

Just have to wait it out it looks like. Not a big deal but losing tethered connection is a big deal. Im okay for a bit though

Guy Mancuso

Just a quick update . I did grab my wifes Macbook Air with Mavericks and loaded firmware. Extremely quick turn on time like 3 seconds or less. Far better than when it was.

Tethered I updated C1 to 8.1 this morning and I forgot to change the USB from mass storage to PC which now without remote camera control from Sony it tethers perfectly and fast. So in essence i can dump sonys crap software off my system.

Its just camera and C1 is all I need now. I can control quite a bit but not shutter or aperture which is really no big deal to me. The important part is I can shoot from the laptop instead of the camera if i am doing a table top kind of gig I can just work from the laptop.Or even better camera on a big ladder and Im on the ground which stops any shake with my fat butt up on the ladder. LOL

Now this system is getting even better. These are the things that Pros need

iiiNelson

Just a quick update . I did grab my wifes Macbook Air with Mavericks and loaded firmware. Extremely quick turn on time like 3 seconds or less. Far better than when it was.

Tethered I updated C1 to 8.1 this morning and I forgot to change the USB from mass storage to PC which now without remote camera control from Sony it tethers perfectly and fast. So in essence i can dump sonys crap software off my system.

Its just camera and C1 is all I need now. I can control quite a bit but not shutter or aperture which is really no big deal to me. The important part is I can shoot from the laptop instead of the camera if i am doing a table top kind of gig I can just work from the laptop.Or even better camera on a big ladder and Im on the ground which stops any shake with my fat butt up on the ladder. LOL

Now this system is getting even better. These are the things that Pros need
What cable are you using to tether? I've been wondering if there's a good 10-20 foot cable available for tethering the A7/A7r.