The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7s users . Silly question

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Can you actually shoot in crop mode like you can with the A7 and A7r. How big is the raw file.

One more question and this one is a little tougher is focus tracking faster than the A7.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Mike that's actually workable. I'm thinking my runway gigs. I love the A77II but it's getting old with two different mounts

Guy Mancuso

I may make a change in the near future. I can just rent for that twice a year gig. My issue is I need a A7 that acts like a A77II with regards to focusing ability

Slingers

I haven't tested the focussing properly on my A7S trying to keep up with my kids yet but it seems similar in abilities to the A7. In general use the AF was been good although I have had it hunt a few times but that was more due to a lack of contrast. Nothing like the old NEX cameras. The Sony message at photokina was that all new E mount cameras were going to feature the 4d focussing. If you follow the rumors they say a new E mount FF is coming at the start of next year. It's not a sure thing though and traditionally all that's due early next year is the yearly A5000/NEX3/5 update. What about the A6000?

pophoto

I use both the A7s and the A7 with facial recognition turned on, it's actually pretty amazing the amount of keepers I've been getting! Not sure if this helps on the runway, but I'm pretty sure my kids move quite randomly and a lot too!

iiiNelson

I may make a change in the near future. I can just rent for that twice a year gig. My issue is I need a A7 that acts like a A77II with regards to focusing ability
Might wanna wait until early in 2015 to see what's announced. I hear that a6000 style AF speed/ accuracy is coming to the FF models.