The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nissin I40 problem with A6000...

daf

I've just recieved my Nissin i40...it is working perfectly on my A7R!
But i cannot make it works with my A6000. (i bought it to use it with the a6000 not the A7R)

The flash don't fire, i've try in all mode,with full battery, with no succes.
I can see on the camera screen that the camera see the flash, but there is also an orange point blinking close to the flash symbole (as to say that the flash is not ready)
when mounted on the a6000 the flash is like freezed!

Does anyone use this flash on A6000? Is it working well?
is there a special tips to make it work? firmware update or whatever?
Thanks for your help

lve

DAF, I experience the exact same problem with a fresh purchased Nissin 40i on my a6000. I followed the advise to scratch away the paint from the hotshoe. I does not help. The problems is still the same. I found out that the Nissin flash does have this side pins that takes care of the grounding. So I scratched my new camera for nothing:(. Asked Sony for advise and of course they say buy a Sony flash.
Daf, did you found a solution for this problem yet? I am about to return the flash to the shop.