The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Sony A7II

hodad66

I'm not seeing a pile of used A7 cameras in the "Gear For Sale" section... yet.

NB: its hard to say A7 plural, is it A7s ?, then plural A7s is A7ss or A7ses?
In my case it's the E-M1 that is going by the wayside as I already have the A7R. :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hi Lou
First impressions are that its great, But I was planning to use at bit longer before saying much.
It's hard to say it's not. Been playing for a hour and I'm thrilled with the improvements but more important it fits like a glove now

Kabouik

Hi there, new user on this forum just to post in this thread, as I got my A7II yesterday (1490€ in France, pretty good price I think for a European version).

I'm trying to find an L plate compatible with the A7II and can't find anything but the Really Right Stuff which is amazingly expensive. Has any of you managed to find something on eBay? All I see is for the first three A7/A7S/A7R models.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Welcome to the forum!!!

I have yet to see any L brackets yet myself. I probably won't buy one either as this model will be mostly my PR cam since I have the A7r as well.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Does anyone else think that the Dust Shaker's sole purpose is to amuse the dust? "That was fun! Do it again!" I certainly don't find the sensor much cleaner after running it.

OTOH, the sensor is so close to the lens mount that it's easy to get a blower in there.

--Matt

Godfrey

I don't really want to evaluate Ming Thein's abilities as a photographer. I just found this review of his reasonably insightful and well written.

G

k-hawinkler

IIRC, wasn't there a webpage showing a ball bearing supporting the sensor in the A7II as well?
If my recollection is correct then Ming's statement the sensor is magnetically suspended isn't the whole truth, no?

Sony took inspiration from anti-seismic Japanese buildings to make the A7II 5 axis system! | sonyalpharumors, quote:

In detail Sony’s A7II stabilization mechanism uses three coils and magnets points (in red on the image above) and a ball bearing system (in green on the image above) which is directly inspired by anti-seismic protection devices used on many buildings in Japan! There is no image of the ball bearing system so here is one of those used by the buildings:

Last edited: