The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Meike Battery grip for Sony A7/R/S

Stefan Steib

Today I got my new Meike MK-AR7 2.4g Wireless Control Battery Grip for Sony A7 A7r A7s, similar as VG-C1EM, but with Radio Remote trigger / timer, very cool ! Works nicely, logical functions - 80€ !
Best feature so far: it works for single shots even when the grip is not on !
And you can set delay instantly plus all the functions so far are very easy to get and set. Whereas the iPhone/Android app may work as well , this speeds up things incredibly ! The haptics is OK, I also tried to bend or move the screwed connection to the body, it is no more nor less stable than the original. 1:1 on stability. But clear winner on features and the remote is just great. .....another part to loose... :)

Wow - well done China ! :clap:

Stefan Steib

As I said before: Build is quite good for the money. Maybe a bit simpler than the Sony Original, but for the price absolutely convincing.
Mechanical top. Same fit, no wiggle. OK !