The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IBIS & Lens corrections

pegelli

Vivek, no worries, we all have our "senior moments" (even when we're still junior) :LOL:

On the other hand if Sony provided a way to use the 1 mm or so shift of the IBIS for use like this I'd take it in a heart-beat. For some pictures it might be just enough, or at least it allows us to have to do less perspective correction in Lightroom/DXO viewpoint.

V

Vivek

It is interesting that the discussion got shifted (literally) towards shift. I did a refresh of camera rear movements and that was quite useful. :)

This IBIS sport 5 axes of movements. There are many possibilities that arise out of that if that is made available.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Most lenses have a image circle bigger than the Full a Frame of 35mm size. Even my DT sigma 18-35 is bigger than APS size and on the long end I can almost get FF out of it.

Stefan Steib

I have an additional proposal for this mechanism to be used much more significant and probably doing a marvellous job:

Multishot ! doing at least 4 or more shots using software to mount these shifted pixelsets for a much higher resolution. Could probably be done by firmware upgrade.

Files saved as marked sets, combined in Postprocessing software.
Now they have Phase one as a partner, I am sure these will do this easily !

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

V

Vivek

Well, they can sell a separate app for it on their playstation site, now the hardware is place.

Stefan Steib

Ha - can you imagine what Sinar and Hasselblad will say when Sony sells this for maybe 20$ US ? 2,3,4,6,8,16 and 32 shots ?
A7II Continuous drive 5.0 fps - so the fourshot will be ready in less than a second ?

Damn...... :wtf:

:)

V

Vivek

Stefan, It can be priced higher.

Yeah, multishot under a second is heartattack territory for some. :D

Stefan Steib

And it goes even further:
Combine it with a focus stacking app.
give the software a foreground first sharp point and a midpoint and a back point. Then press go and ..... enjoy !

:eek: olla ! Caracho .....eieieiei !