Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Hi,
    I've bought an A6000 with the kit lens as an all around camera, but i hate zoom, so i'm looking for a small 24mm (30-35mm FF equivalent)...
    I tried the Sony CZ 24, it is good but it's bigger than what i want and it is autofocus... I want to get a manual lens.

    Mainly to shoot from 5,6 to 8 1/2, i don't care of color cast (i'm used to), but i would avoid smearing ....
    I'm not after perfect quality, as i have all i need for that:
    2xA7R, 14sam, 17 and 24 TSe, 35fe, 35pc contax, 55fe, 55 pentax Shift, 90pentax shift.....

    Did any of you tryed:
    -21/1,8 voigt
    -Any 24mm leica
    -25/2,8 ZM
    -25/4 voigt

    Is there any other option?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    iiiNelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Have you tried the E mount Sigmas? I think the have a 19 and 30mm. Supposed to be pretty good lenses. I own a few of the lenses you mentioned and the have mixed results. They're full frame lenses so they'll be a bit on the larger size so if that's a concern then I wouldn't choose most of those listed.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

  3. #3
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,539
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Quote Originally Posted by daf View Post
    Hi,
    I've bought an A6000 with the kit lens as an all around camera, but i hate zoom, so i'm looking for a small 24mm (30-35mm FF equivalent)...
    I tried the Sony CZ 24, it is good but it's bigger than what i want and it is autofocus... I want to get a manual lens.

    Mainly to shoot from 5,6 to 8 1/2, i don't care of color cast (i'm used to), but i would avoid smearing ....
    I'm not after perfect quality, as i have all i need for that:
    2xA7R, 14sam, 17 and 24 TSe, 35fe, 35pc contax, 55fe, 55 pentax Shift, 90pentax shift.....

    Did any of you tryed:
    -21/1,8 voigt
    -Any 24mm leica
    -25/2,8 ZM
    -25/4 voigt

    Is there any other option?
    Thanks
    I have used the Leica R 24mm Elmarit on the A6000. I use it more on the A7r, but it is OK on the 6000 as well. Probably larger than what you are looking for and it does exhibit some softness towards the edges.

    Carl
    Gallery

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Have you tried the E mount Sigmas? I think the have a 19 and 30mm. Supposed to be pretty good lenses. I own a few of the lenses you mentioned and the have mixed results. They're full frame lenses so they'll be a bit on the larger size so if that's a concern then I wouldn't choose most of those listed.
    some interesting discussion on the sigma 30mm (very similar to FE 35mm)

    Eagle Eye Game: Sony Zeiss FE 35mm f2.8 vs Sigma 30mm f2.8 on A7: Sony Alpha/NEX E-mount Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm

  5. #5
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Quote Originally Posted by UHDR View Post
    Did you read the title?

    Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

  6. #6
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Quote Originally Posted by daf View Post
    Hi,
    I've bought an A6000 with the kit lens as an all around camera, but i hate zoom, so i'm looking for a small 24mm (30-35mm FF equivalent)...
    I tried the Sony CZ 24, it is good but it's bigger than what i want and it is autofocus... I want to get a manual lens.

    Mainly to shoot from 5,6 to 8 1/2, i don't care of color cast (i'm used to), but i would avoid smearing ....
    I'm not after perfect quality, as i have all i need for that:
    2xA7R, 14sam, 17 and 24 TSe, 35fe, 35pc contax, 55fe, 55 pentax Shift, 90pentax shift.....

    Did any of you tryed:
    -21/1,8 voigt
    -Any 24mm leica
    -25/2,8 ZM
    -25/4 voigt

    Is there any other option?
    Thanks
    Yes but it requires a bit of work. A 24mm f/4.5 Leitz Summar.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Did you read the title?

    Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000
    May be I did, may be i didn't.... who knows

    but i dont think whatever i said warrant such a reply?

    [im going to stay out of this thread. it's unfair to thread owner]
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #8
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000

    I have posted this a while back.



    Summar 24 is shown with a NEX-5N.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #9
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Vivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    13,601
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21

    Re: Small lightweight manual 24mm for A6000


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •