The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pre ordered A7 II

ryc

Just before Amazon took down the pre orders for a7 II, i managed to get my order in there. according to them, I should have it next Tues or Wed !

Anyone want my A99 with grip? It's up for sale now. :)

k-hawinkler

I am looking forward to learn about your experiences with the new a7 II, inparticular its 5-axis SteadyShot INSIDE. The first review of it that I saw referenced here at the forum didn't look that hot when compared to Olympus' 5-axis IBIS. Hopefully Sony can improve their SSI's performance through firmware updates. Good luck!

With regards to In-Body-Image-Stabilization I feel Olympus set a very high performance bar, although obviously not for a FF camera.

I'm first on the list at Precision Camera so should have it next week as well. My A7 is going cheap but Sony put the pressure on with the price drop. Looks like I have a buyer though. Fingers crossed.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Guys, I really want to thank all of you for jumping on this A7II with both feet. I admire your courage, and await seeing your test results. I may sit this one out and wait for the 5 Axis stabilization on the A7S II, or whatever they call it when it comes.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm taking a big leap. The issue is for the PR work the A77II and that Sigma 18-35 is just so easy to shoot and the AF can do extremely well. For me its a risk but I want one set of batteries one charger and a much more bouncing between it and the A7r. I'm losing F stops too in the wide zoom. Having a 1.8 lens is pretty special. Will see, I'm still not TOTALLY convinced. But I know one thing experience on my end will get me through it. If not my next option would be the S.

dandrewk

Looks like pre-orders are again available from Amazon.

Even better news - they are sticking with the original Dec. 9 ship date. Looks like those who pre-order will receive the camera next week. Almost (but now quite), the best news for early adopter syndrome. :D

Guy Mancuso

Today I changed my payment added some gift cards to the account and now just waiting for the shipping data. I'll actually be in NY the day it's released. I could just walk into B&H if I wanted too also but Amazon is a far easier return system. Just in case

Yeah, looking for the grip too.

Looking forward to shooting with the 135/1.8 stabilized again. I took a leap of faith when I sold the A900 and it looks like Sony delivered.

Next we need that upgraded LAEA 5 or a native FE 135mm.

Guy Mancuso

Upgraded LAE5 is a must so we can use all those AF points. If that was available I would use more ZA glass than FE.

I just bought the 50 1.4 ZA and it is a lot like the 85 but better wide open. If this was out I would buy back the 135 1.8 but I'm really after the old Minolta 200 2.8 high speed lens. I had that lens and it is a beauty.

Viramati

Thanks for the link. I fall into most of the green circle yes's in the reasons why you should or shouldn't want IBIS though I have to say that the weight increase does concern me. Ok so it is the same weight as the M9 but lighter than the M240 but add the weight of the Voigtlander close focus adaptor and yo have no lightweight