The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

a7R listed as no longer available at B&H

soboyle

Was just about to plonk down for the a7R this morning, and B&H is no longer carrying it. I guess a replacement will be announced soon?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This is really weird to be honest. No announcement or even a hint of replacement coming this soon. Everything is saying first quarter of 2015. Maybe we will get some explanation on it soon.

soboyle

Guy - I'll wait at this point, although the Sony trade in deal at B&H was a good one @ $1753 for the a7R, that's what I was going for this morning.
Will probably see similar tweaks as the a7II, + better ergonomics I would hope. And a new shutter?

V

Vivek

Since Nikon 810 has been available with a EFCS, it was expected that an A7R II with EFCS will be forthcoming. I agree, sooner the better, hopefully with 5 axis stabilization as well.

I will wait for that A9 with a new sensor tech though. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The new A7ii features in a new A7r would be perfect. Really all they need to do is stick the bigger sensor in. I love everything about the A7II. Just give me exactly all the same specs. I'm looking forward to the new grip, layout, body structure.

Annna T

Okay its back
They (at B&H) do it all the time : as soon as they are out of stock of an item without knowing the date of the next shipment, they will write it as discontinued, just to correct it a little later as soon as they know the arrival date of the next shipment.

The rumors sites (Sonyalpharumors and their likes) are exploiting that curious proceeding of B&H quite often. I can't count how often they launched that kind of false alarm, inducing you to click on the B&H link to verify the news and then posting a second time that the item is back on order. Meanwhile it creates some buzz for their website (a new model is coming).. and also they get paid by B&H for the traffic they have attracted to their online store..

It is all a tempest in a teapot.