The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

some wishes for the A9

iiiNelson

Gosh, you folks never let up! Always wanting another camera with more more more...!

I don't know how you manage it; I don't have the energy. I just want to do some photography now—what I have is already as good as is needed.

G
You know what they say necessity is the mother of invention. Gotta supply the demand but choice is always welcome. As you say if you're satisfied with what you have then another's desire won't hurt you.

Michiel Schierbeek

Bigger square sensor to take advantage of the full image circle and still have full frame as well or just put that 50mp MF sensor in it.

Godfrey

You know what they say necessity is the mother of invention. Gotta supply the demand but choice is always welcome. As you say if you're satisfied with what you have then another's desire won't hurt you.
For sure. I'm just amazed at the seemingly insatiable desire for more stuff.
I'm a minimalist at heart ... :)

G

iiiNelson

Yeah I think I am too where I can be however if I see a distinct superiority for the way I work then I become an unapologetic upgraded. It's not that I want to spend money but rather the value of an upgrade is reasonable enough to me.

scho

Bigger square sensor to take advantage of the full image circle and still have full frame as well or just put that 50mp MF sensor in it.
YES!! I don't care about all of the little camera bells and whistles. Just give us the real meat. I'm tired of being locked into the little "full frame", antiquated 35mm, 3:2, format. Square is perfection.

Paratom

Gosh, you folks never let up! Always wanting another camera with more more more...!

I don't know how you manage it; I don't have the energy. I just want to do some photography now—what I have is already as good as is needed.

G
Well...then why would you read that thread?

Michiel Schierbeek

Godfrey always feels the need to temper us in our wishes and needs but at the same time he managed to collect quiet a collection of camera equipment to fullfill all his needs.
He even likes sportcars; what is more useless as that, besides the fun :D

iiiNelson

I think it's his attempt to psyche himself out of GAS. Eventually he'll come around... We all do.

He was convinced he had no use for the A7 and was "perfectly happy with the EM-1 alone." Oh I think the same was said about the M9 at first as he was happy with just his film M... he came around on that too. So like I told Godfrey regarding the A7 - come on in the water's fine buddy. :chug:

MikalWGrass

Guys, with the excitement of the imminent arrival of the a7II (not mine) and the questions swirling around the A9, I have decided to NOT take any more photos with my aging a900 because the camera is hopelessly outdated and can no longer take acceptable photos. :cry:

In the meantime, time for my lovely wife to take me out to lunch. And maybe a beer.

V

Vivek

Godfrey always feels the need to temper us in our wishes and needs but at the same time he managed to collect quiet a collection of camera equipment to fullfill all his needs.
He even likes sportcars; what is more useless as that, besides the fun :D
There are Luigi cases that can be bought! ;):p

Godfrey

Curiosity.

And yes, I suffer from the same disease as the rest of you lot. I just think about it more in an attempt to find some objectivity. :)

I go back and forth on the M9. BTW, I do use a half case on it, and the M4-2, X2, CL, and X. I find a half case give me that little extra improvement in grip that I like on these cameras. But I switched from the Luigi case to an A&A case for the M9: I didn't find the Luigi case had the fit and feel I was after.

G

Last edited:

jonoslack

Yes. Don't ask me about the exposure compensation settings.

These are readily assigned in an E mount camera and are at my command anytime I need them and where I need them to be. I can change them without looking at the buttons or dials.
Hey, I will mark this red in my calendar-we agree on one thing: exp compension button is better on the A7 than in the MM...even though its fine in theM type240 (just turn the wheel) :eek:
I'll mark it red in my calendar as well - :)

jonoslack

I'm of a like mind.

I never understand complexity when simplicity will suffice. Unfortunately complexity has become synonymous with value ... "less is more", has given way to "more never seems enough".

In upcoming cameras I'd like to see technology used to let the photographer order any and all functions in a LCD menu to their liking, and hide any they do not want. Plug in your camera to a computer, open the menu app, drag and drop build your menu, done.

- Marc
Hmm - you can do it on a Leica T without plugging it into your computer.
just drag and drop and you're there

V

Vivek

Hmm - you can do it on a Leica T without plugging it into your computer.
just drag and drop and you're there
A pity they did not make the body in aged Oak and I have to shell out another several hundred Euros for that! :(