The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nissin I40 and Sony wireless

Rawfa

Since my other thread on the lighting forum was thread-jacked I thought I would have better luck in here :)

I was checking out the Nissin I40 Manual and it tells me I should rotate the dial to RMT to use it in wireless remote mode with Sony cameras, but even though I can see the RMT option on the dial it WON'T rotate until RMT. It only goes as far as TTL2. This happens with BOTH my Nissin I40 units

I set the A77II's flash option to Wireless and tried it out with ALL options on the Nissin and I was not able to trigger it remotely. I thought it could have something to do with the camera being on airplane mode but I've tried both ways and could not get it to work.

Am I doing something wrong?