The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help Me Buy a Leica lens - not too many $$

JMaher

Don,

Somehow Voigtlander has been skipped over entirely. I suspect there any many good ones to choose from but I have never owned one of them.

Michael - interesting comment on the "R".

Jim
Jim

MCTuomey

No love for the rigid summicron? Not too pricey, lovely rendering, especially for B&W conversions, and a build from days long gone by. If I had $600 to spend on a leica M lens and could buy only one for a Sony A7, I'd consider the rigid cron before many others.

The best 90 for my money is the elmarit-m imho. Probably out of Jim's budget at around $1200 these days, but very fine value. Not as good on center or across the frame as the elmatir-m, the tele-elmarit is nice and compact but one must careful; some of them show fungus-based etching or the start of it.

monza

A Rigid Cron with clean glass and smooth operation is a bargain at $600. Those are going for quite a bit more in the usual marketplace, mostly due to demand from MM owners...