The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The A77II & The Kid :)

Rawfa

Took my A77II to a friend's country house during the holidays and took a bunch of picture of their kid (an awesome and very expressive child). I used the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8, Sony 50mm 1.4, Sigma 85mm 1.4.

Rawfa

Guy, while I didn't have the chance to test it on a pro gig yet, I thought shooting kids was the perfect AF speed test for the A77II...it passed with flying colors. The A77II just set the standard for AF speed for ALL my future cameras!

Rawfa

Mike, don't talk to me about overnight shipping. After the ordeal we went through with customs Guy and I will probably have to join some sort of customs support group hahaha

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Heck I could have flown to Brazil and hand delivered. Would have been far easier and cheaper. Not us but it was a nightmare. Frankly it's not right what customs does. It's just ripping people off because they can.

End of day I feel bad because of the costs. I hope Rafeal comes to the states and I'll take him out for a steak dinner.

Rawfa

Guy, I'll take on that steak any day of the week, but watch out as I'm a regular t-rex ;)
I actually might drop by the US this year as I will probably visit my family in Montreal, but chances are I'll go to NY, which is really close...and I get to visit my favorite toy store...it's called BHphoto :)

Concerning the taxes, I've moved to Brazil 4 years ago and even though I've never even came close to being robbed on the street, I feel like I'm being robbed whenever I order something from abroad. So people will know what we're talking about, I ended up having to pay us$900 in import taxes over an A77II, a grip, and a Sigma 18-35mm 1.8.