Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New issue A7II 'camera error'

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New issue A7II 'camera error'

Unfortunately no but have to say I am strangely enjoying the slightly smaller and lighter A7

Post Thanks / Like

So have been told today that Sony are going to give me a new camera as they tried repairing but the fault was still there!!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Viramati View Post
    So have been told today that Sony are going to give me a new camera as they tried repairing but the fault was still there!!
    I'm glad they're resolving this the right way but it wouldn't have hurt to do it more quickly.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm still waiting to get a new camera back from Sony!! Apparently no new stock in the UK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting this. I'm having identical issue with my a7ii after roughly two months of light use (< 5k shots). I've had cheaper DSLRs that haven't had issues after 5-10 years of use so I'm a little frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally picked up my new A7II yesterday. Took 2 months to get it all sorted but at least I have a new camera with warranty as from yesterday. My dealer has been very good but Sony were a little slow to say the least but they had wanted to give me a camera from the latest batch

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great! Hope this one will work fine for you without sprains and hiccups.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally picked up my new A7II yesterday. Took 2 months to get it all sorted but at least I have a new camera with warranty as from yesterday. My dealer has been very good but Sony were a little slow to say the least but they had wanted to give me a camera from the latest batch

Thanks David. From the latest batch? That sounds like Sony must have corrected a problem. I sure hope so. Please, let us know how your new camera works out. TIA.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was sent out for warranty repair so I hope I get a new body as well from the "latest batch." I'm hoping they don't think they fix it then just send it back to me to have it happen again in a few months. Regardless, I'm thinking about extending the warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all,

Reviving this old post. I'm having the same issue and this was the only post on the web i found reporting this problem with an a7II.

I tried everything to resolve this problem but had no success. I even tried the camera with no lens attached and with “Release without Lens” enabled. I also tried multiple SD cards, initializing the camera, and reflashing the firmware- all to no avail.

I contacted Sony and will be sending the camera to them for repair. They didn't give me any trouble at all. Will follow-up as this progresses
    Last edited by malux; 27th July 2015 at 19:06.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Had same problem here. I didn't have it happen till 5 days in and after(though not immediately) after using my Fotodiox M adapter. Wondering if there is or will be a recall for certain serials on this. FWIW - the switching on and off quick trick does work and IBIS does register as off, but mine then goes on from what I can tell. But this is not a "solution" during a shoot.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't sound promising. In the end they just replaced my A7II with a new one as the fault was intermittent.