The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New issue A7II 'camera error'

Viramati

So have been told today that Sony are going to give me a new camera as they tried repairing but the fault was still there!!

Lutef1Sk

Thanks for posting this. I'm having identical issue with my a7ii after roughly two months of light use (< 5k shots). I've had cheaper DSLRs that haven't had issues after 5-10 years of use so I'm a little frustrated.

Viramati

Finally picked up my new A7II yesterday. Took 2 months to get it all sorted but at least I have a new camera with warranty as from yesterday. My dealer has been very good but Sony were a little slow to say the least but they had wanted to give me a camera from the latest batch

V

Vivek

Great! Hope this one will work fine for you without sprains and hiccups.

k-hawinkler

Finally picked up my new A7II yesterday. Took 2 months to get it all sorted but at least I have a new camera with warranty as from yesterday. My dealer has been very good but Sony were a little slow to say the least but they had wanted to give me a camera from the latest batch

Thanks David. From the latest batch? That sounds like Sony must have corrected a problem. I sure hope so. Please, let us know how your new camera works out. TIA.

Lutef1Sk

Mine was sent out for warranty repair so I hope I get a new body as well from the "latest batch." I'm hoping they don't think they fix it then just send it back to me to have it happen again in a few months. Regardless, I'm thinking about extending the warranty.

malux

Hey all,

Reviving this old post. I'm having the same issue and this was the only post on the web i found reporting this problem with an a7II.

I tried everything to resolve this problem but had no success. I even tried the camera with no lens attached and with “Release without Lens” enabled. I also tried multiple SD cards, initializing the camera, and reflashing the firmware- all to no avail.

I contacted Sony and will be sending the camera to them for repair. They didn't give me any trouble at all. Will follow-up as this progresses

Last edited:

rondeb

Had same problem here. I didn't have it happen till 5 days in and after(though not immediately) after using my Fotodiox M adapter. Wondering if there is or will be a recall for certain serials on this. FWIW - the switching on and off quick trick does work and IBIS does register as off, but mine then goes on from what I can tell. But this is not a "solution" during a shoot.