The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For heavy power user on A7 series

Annna T

Just found an interesting link on SonyAlpha Rumors.

It gives you hints on how to add more battery power on the A7 series (or the Nex using the same batteries). There is a video, but the most interesting part lies in the links added in the comment section :

To make story short : that guy (a videographer) has found a nice and cheap power adapter replacing the Sony AC-WP20. This AC adapter has a plug between the fake battery and the poweradapter. So you can plug it in another bigger battery with the right plug instead of plugging it to the AC transformer. He then fixes the battery to the camera with a Velcro... He gives links to two different bigger batteries he has used and also to a plate supporting the usual Canon batteries.

Here is the link : a7s can use Canon batteries! on Vimeo

I ordered the equivalent of the Sony AC-PW20 and it costed me little more than 20$ instead of 120-140$ for the original Sony one..

mazor

There's this one too... (also came from SAR)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3zVWy29Ivc
I like the multi battery adapter wired up to the a6k, which allows one to hot swap the batteries without interruption to the camera operation.

I have the smaller vertical grip aftermarket addon from ownuser that takes two FW50's at each end of the grip. This design allows for the left hand side battery to be removed and replaced while the right hand side maintains power to the camera. There is also an AC jack on the side of the addon grip.

Summaron 35 captured with 808 by mazorserate, on Flickr