The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r Successor Coming Soon

sjg284

I'm waiting for "the one" super camera:
- 50MP
- IBIS
- built-in 8K recording
- better than A7s level ISO range

;-)

jfirneno

It's the slow season over at SAR. He needs to fill up the empty space with something that looks like a rumor. Personally, a full frame AX camera that has extremely good AF would be interesting. But 18 megapixels would be plenty. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would love the 50 megapixel camera but after owning the A7S for a while now I realize that the cameras are plenty good enough for pictures of static objects taken by me.

Regards,
John

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just give me a A7II with either a 36mpx or 50mpx and I'm won and done. I'm EXTREMELY happy with this A7II know just give one with a bigger sensor and uncompressed raw files.

turtle

Whatever comes from Sony, it will have only a tiny affect on the quality of our work, if any.

A monochrome sensor from Sony would be an incredible turn of events and, for me, would be far more exciting that a crazy pixel count. Better still, they should develop a 50MP sensor for Leica M so we can hook up those incredible wide angles to it :)

Tim

Oh goody, the A7r will drop in price.

The problem with all this resolution is I will have to lose weight. :watch:
At 50 Mpickles here is too much detail of the photog in reflections. :eek:

BTW: I wonder what lenses users will plan to use on this.

johnnygoesdigital

Crap, now we'll have to wait longer for more primes for the first gen A7! Seriously, tech is cool, but Sony needs to get more FE primes that can supplement the already outdated A7, instead of releasing so many similar cameras.

iiiNelson

Oh goody, the A7r will drop in price.

The problem with all this resolution is I will have to lose weight. :watch:
At 50 Mpickles here is too much detail of the photog in reflections. :eek:

BTW: I wonder what lenses users will plan to use on this.
I suspect the 55FE will be up to the task as well as the Sigma Art's, A-mount Zeiss lenses, and A-mount Sony G's. Perhaps the Loxia's, the new 35 Distagon, Sony G 90 Macro, and 28/2 will as well.

Results will tell with the rest of FE lenses but most of the zooms seem to struggle on the A7r now.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's a bigger jump from 24 to 36 but a smaller one from 36 to 50. Not sure how that works but something I read from some internet pontif mouthpiece. Lol

Just bring it on
I want options

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I've been cleaning out the liquor cabinet of the minimally filled bottles this evening, so my thinking may be slightly impaired. But that aside, what lenses will one utilize on a 50MP sensor? I can think of like 2...

iiiNelson

Okay, I've been cleaning out the liquor cabinet of the minimally filled bottles this evening, so my thinking may be slightly impaired. But that aside, what lenses will one utilize on a 50MP sensor? I can think of like 2...
Probably the Otus', the Sigma Art's, the new Tamron wide zoom, the 55FE, and more than likely the 135/1.8 Zeiss lenses in A mount are capable... I'd assume.

frozenbb

I'm hoping for 50mp with a6000 (or better) AF. Also, the extra resolution would be quite welcomed by long lens sports/wildlife shooters, who often go with aps-c bodies to get enough resolution for distant subjects.

V

Vivek

Quite a few. Let us not forget the pixel sizes of the NEX'. I find the A7r's larger pixels (compared to a NEX) easier on the lenses. Extreme corners are another issue but those shooting landscapes and such always stop down, most of the time beyond diffraction limits.

Also, frankly, i have not seen any pictorial demonstration of the Otii doing anything extraordinary (except those discussing charts and such, of course) that can not be done by any other lens.