The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dumb question on focus point selection A7II

ryc

Ok,

So I have been shooting with the loxias pretty much all the time. Now I decided to try my other ZA lenses with the LAEA4 adapter. I am talking using my newer lenses with SSM. Problem is that when I try to move my focus points with the dial by pressing up, down, left , right it does not work. it only activates other functions like display and change settings. I remember in the past I could just move the focus pint in my viewfinder by just moving the dial. In order to do it now, I have to hit menu, select the focus mode then move it around.

anyone have the same problem?

iiiNelson

I've had this issue occasionally on my A7/A7r but it's usually corrected by turning the camera on/off or reconnecting the lens to ensure a secure connection. I'll usually get the error that the "operation can't be performed."

FWIW I have the focus zoom and the focus point assigned to a button.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Seriously though I find MF better than put AFS on the rear button. That way I can go either way.than the custom buttons