The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

8 shot Multishot works on MFT - when does Sony follow

scho

40 Mpix from MFT in 8shot Mulitshot mode - seems to work pretty good ! Now - when is Sony offering this feature as an "App Upgrade" for Sony A7 II and future FF 24x36 models which will follow ?
Anybody can imagine 8x36 or even 8x50 Mpix ?...............

Olympus OM-D E-M5 II First Impressions Review: Digital Photography Review

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
+1, but I would like to see some landscapes shot in HR (64 mp) raw mode first. ImagingResource had one HR raw file available that I processed in the latest version of RPP and it looked terrific as a 16 bit tiff file. However, this was a still life test setup. DPR had one in-camera HR jpg of a model jiggling around in front of a scenic landscape that would have looked OK w/o the model, but also full of jpeg artifacts.

V

Vivek

40 Mpix from MFT in 8shot Mulitshot mode - seems to work pretty good ! Now - when is Sony offering this feature as an "App Upgrade" for Sony A7 II and future FF 24x36 models which will follow ?
Anybody can imagine 8x36 or even 8x50 Mpix ?...............

Olympus OM-D E-M5 II First Impressions Review: Digital Photography Review

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
I for one do not (want) need it. Very limited use and it is more suited to big DSLRs and good/strong tripod bound landscapes with no breeze anywhere.

I would prefer global shutter. After using the A7s (silent shutter), I am spoiled.