Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS lens

Post Thanks / Like

FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS lens

I'm interested in this lens. I do macro work, and this could also be a good portrait/people lens. Owning this lens would also mean the end of all Nikon gear ownership for me.

However, I'm very disturbed by this hands on report from SAR:

Very funny lens, with push and pull focus ring.
    A few great pictures of the new FE lenses (look how big that 24-240mm FE is). | sonyalpharumors

Push/pull focus on a lens that needs ultra precise focusing? Autofocus many times doesn't work well when approaching 1:1 magnification. I'm hoping this is inaccurate. I just can't see his type of manual focusing as ideal.

Subscriber and Workshop Member MGrayson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS lens

Perhaps it is a push pull AF MF clutch. Some Oly and Pentax lenses work that way.

Post Thanks / Like

+1, as i would understand it to be this way as well. It eliminates a switch.
    I am also waiting for this lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Look at the photos online. You can see that there is an AF/MF designation at the end near the front element with arrows, out for AF, in for MF. So it is the clutch.

Personally, I find that bothersome as it will disturb the lens or focus to move the clutch. Canon introduced clutchless AF in the 90's in many higher end lenses, and I can't imagine that Sony can't do that properly in a G lens in 2014?

Anyway, it's not for focus, just the clutch.

---Michael
    a7r, a7rII, FE 16-35, FE 24-70GM, FE 70-200, Loxia 21mm, 35mm, 50mm

Post Thanks / Like

on sar someone mentioned the tamron 90mm had that clutch, and its reportidly front heavy.... so it may well be a rebadged or alteration on there slr one, be interesting to see the rear of the lenses, so far theres been no shots?

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Canon EF version of Tamron and find it very balanced on A7R. It is a light plastic lens and very easy to manual focus. Clutch switches btw af and mf. Here is pushing boundaries with A7R, hand held with ground support, 1/10s f/2.8 at 90.0mm iso12800:

Quote Originally Posted by pingu666 View Post
    on sar someone mentioned the tamron 90mm had that clutch, and its reportidly front heavy.... so it may well be a rebadged or alteration on there slr one, be interesting to see the rear of the lenses, so far theres been no shots?

Post Thanks / Like

SAR: Lesnumeriques new FE lens hands-on: The 90mm FE macro is the very sharpest lens!

The French site LesNumeriques already got the new Sony FE lenses in their test labs. They promise that detailed test will be publsihed “very, very soon“. As a heads up they said the 90mm FE macro lens is razor sharp and definitely the best of the four new lenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by serhan View Post
    I have the Canon EF version of Tamron and find it very balanced on A7R. It is a light plastic lens and very easy to manual focus. Clutch switches btw af and mf. Here is pushing boundaries with A7R, hand held with ground support, 1/10s f/2.8 at 90.0mm iso12800:
    I have the 90mm F2.8 macro Tamron in Canon mount too. It is the old version, without stabilisation, but from the reviews I have read it is a little bit sharper than the newest one. I can confirm what you say : it is a very light lens and well balanced on the A7r and very agreeable to use. As for MF, depending on the subject distance the slightest movement will throw the focus out , so sometimes it becomes a little tricky (that is using the Metabones smart adapter Mk III). AF is slow, but nailed most of the times.

To sum up : it is a lens I like to use and it pairs well with the A7r.

Post Thanks / Like

602 grams. That's nearly 200 grams lighter than the Nikon 105mm macro lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Same weight as the Canon L macros, which PZ found not as good as they expected. And add an adapter and the extra length/weight to any off brand macro, and 600 grams looks pretty good for OSS and AF with a useful MFD.

How it handles near infinity focal distances will be interesting, 62mm filters are not too bad. Focus fade and bokeh quality are fundamental requirements, as well as good control of LoCA and near absent LaCA even in tough light. F2.8 performance must be very good as it will get plenty of work there used as a street lens.

The more I think about it, this thing on an a7r (let alone the 50Mp number yet to come) might smoke everything. Short telephotos of that FL are really capable anyway and Sony look to have put plenty into this one. Their lens making craft is very good indeed these days. Hopefully this macro is stacked with plenty of that substance the promotional material likes to refer to as 'special glass'. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got into a bit of spat on Facebook by decrying the size of this lens.

I really would like a macro with AF for the FE and something which is fast.

At present I am using my Sigma DP3M for macro and it creates very good shots but I've noticed more and more that the A7r is very close to DP3M in terms of output.

I wouldn't mind rationalising my kit which is why the FE 90/2.8 interests me but I am going to have to see one in the flesh (so to speak) before buying it as it looks like a beast in the photos I have seen.

Am I expecting too much for FE lenses to match the diminutive size of the Alpha cameras?

LouisB

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

In most of the pictures I've seen it looks to be close in size to the medium range zooms. I think it's large for a prime but not unwieldily so. I'm interestd in this lens as well.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Noting is said in "Les numériques" about the lenses optical quality.

In the forum following the article:
    "We were able to take pictures of the lenses, but no picture with the optics. So I will say that I know nothing of their quality".

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    I've got into a bit of spat on Facebook by decrying the size of this lens.

I really would like a macro with AF for the FE and something which is fast.

At present I am using my Sigma DP3M for macro and it creates very good shots but I've noticed more and more that the A7r is very close to DP3M in terms of output.

I wouldn't mind rationalising my kit which is why the FE 90/2.8 interests me but I am going to have to see one in the flesh (so to speak) before buying it as it looks like a beast in the photos I have seen.

Am I expecting too much for FE lenses to match the diminutive size of the Alpha cameras?

LouisB
    Not at all.

Aside from the bulk, the weight is not going to go well with plastic mounts of the A7/A7r.

Except that 28/2 (I hope it is not a lemon) nothing interests me.

I think Sony needs a brand new optics division. They should start from scratch.

I, for one, do not want any of their bulky, slow and overpriced lenses. Also, I do not see any benefits from the Zeiss badged Sony ones.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Latest rumours: Sony to announce the FE 90mm f/2.8 G OSS Macro lens on Wednesday 4th of March: price 1149 Euro.

Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The way I see it presently is this: I wanted a decent AF short telephoto from Sony much like the FE55, say an 85/1.8 or f2. Didn't happen. Looking around at the better ones even for M mount, they are bloody heavy, quite a surprise.

Zeiss ill-fated Sonnar 85/2 is 450 grams, Leica's 90AA is 500 grams, the iffy Summarit 90/2.5 is 360 grams, Elmarit 90/2.8 is 395 grams. All need a fiddly adapter so add maybe 60-80 grams, and all these come up to 450-550 grams.

So 600 grams with filter size not much more than the 55mm I use for most CY lenses, with AF puts this one in the ballpark, provided the optics are there, as with the ZA FE primes. F2.8 is fine at this FL, the MFD is a bonus, and flat field slow lenses can be fabulous performers. So I remain hopeful, as R L Stevenson said: 'It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive.'

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop complaining: the Sony Macro 1:2.8/90 is a featherweight compared to my Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/100mm with R/E adapter weighing a hefty 820 grams.
    And the Sony having and AF and OSS, it seems a perfect walk-around package to me !

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bart, Just wondering if you ever shot with that on the orphaned Leica R system bodies?

The 90/2.8 from Sony is hardly a feather weight. It appears to have too many buttons on it, especially for a lens, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Stop complaining: the Sony Macro 1:2.8/90 is a featherweight compared to my Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/100mm with R/E adapter weighing a hefty 820 grams.
    And the Sony having and AF and OSS, it seems a perfect walk-around package to me !

Kind regards.
    Don't forget to add another 200g for the Elpro 16545 auxillary lens needed for a 1:1 reproduction ratio. I find the combination quite cumbersome on the A7R, hence my interest in the 2.8/90.

Bob.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just weighted my two 90mm lenses :

The Zeiss Contax G 90mm F2.8 weight only 239 gr. without any caps.
    with hood and caps, it weight 281. gr. The DeoTech smart adapter weight 78gr. The whole, adapters and all (rear cap, front cap and hood) weight 369gr. Filter size is only 46mm.

The Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro (an older version without stabilization) weight 382gr. naked (without any caps or hood). With hoods and caps it weight 426gr. I have a Canon mount, so the metabones smart adapter is heavy : 150gr. So with Adapter hoods and caps that makes 587gr. But this lens balance very well on the A7r (probably because the adapter is standing very near of the body, while the rest of the lens is light. Also that lens is quite slim and as I have seen when comparing the 70-200 F4 G to the Canon 70-200 F4, having a thinner lens makes the whole more friendly to use.

Both of the lenses are sharp and produce good results on the A7r. So I don't think that I'll get the new Sony Macro. Hopefully we will get one lighter 90mm from Zeiss, so that I can use AF more conveniently.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Someone pointed out this elsewhere:

Any ideas on how we will be able to use Sony Macro flash system with the new FE 90mm? Sony only includes 55 mm and 49mm adapters and this lens is 62mm filter size.
    Sony need to think through before coming up with such lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    I just weighted my two 90mm lenses :

The Zeiss Contax G 90mm F2.8 weight only 239 gr. without any caps.
    with hood and caps, it weight 281. gr. The DeoTech smart adapter weight 78gr. The whole, adapters and all (rear cap, front cap and hood) weight 369gr. Filter size is only 46mm.

The Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro (an older version without stabilization) weight 382gr. naked (without any caps or hood). With hoods and caps it weight 426gr. I have a Canon mount, so the metabones smart adapter is heavy : 150gr. So with Adapter hoods and caps that makes 587gr. But this lens balance very well on the A7r (probably because the adapter is standing very near of the body, while the rest of the lens is light. Also that lens is quite slim and as I have seen when comparing the 70-200 F4 G to the Canon 70-200 F4, having a thinner lens makes the whole more friendly to use.

Both of the lenses are sharp and produce good results on the A7r. So I don't think that I'll get the new Sony Macro. Hopefully we will get one lighter 90mm from Zeiss, so that I can use AF more conveniently.
    Hi there Annna,

I always found that relative heavy gear gave me a better and more steady grip.
    What is your experience ?

Note: having to drag it around all day is a complete different matter of course.

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    Hi there Annna,

I always found that relative heavy gear gave me a better and more steady grip.
    What is your experience ?

Note: having to drag it around all day is a complete different matter of course.

Kind regards.
    I don't have particularly steady hands, but I don't think that adding much weight improves my shooting : for instance when using the 70-200mm Sony, my muscles are too strained after a while and this launch some trembling of its own.

I think that part of it has something to do with how the weight is distributed. For instance I find that both the 24-70mm and the 16-35mm makes the camera front heavy and with the lens tending to sink. It is less comfortable then. The 90mm Tamron when mounted on the A7r is very agreable : most of the weight resides in the body or near of the body. So while the total weight is quite similar to the 24-70mm, it is much easier to hold for me.

I started photographing with a Contax G (a rangefinder) and I'm nostalgic of what that system had to offer.

I try to compensate lack of steadyness using higher speeds.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Anna have you tired the vertical grip. I know it adds bulk but it does help a lot on hand holding
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Bart, Just wondering if you ever shot with that on the orphaned Leica R system bodies?

The 90/2.8 from Sony is hardly a feather weight. It appears to have too many buttons on it, especially for a lens, as well.
    Hi there Vivek,

no never on an R-body, but did so on Pentax K5IIs, Sony A7r and Olympus EM1.
    Nevermind the buttons: I like buttons ...

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have particularly steady hands, but I don't think that adding much weight improves my shooting : for instance when using the 70-200mm Sony, my muscles are too strained after a while and this launch some trembling of its own.

I think that part of it has something to do with how the weight is distributed. For instance I find that both the 24-70mm and the 16-35mm makes the camera front heavy and with the lens tending to sink. It is less comfortable then. The 90mm Tamron when mounted on the A7r is very agreable : most of the weight resides in the body or near of the body. So while the total weight is quite similar to the 24-70mm, it is much easier to hold for me.

I started photographing with a Contax G (a rangefinder) and I'm nostalgic of what that system had to offer.

I try to compensate lack of steadyness using higher speeds.
    Well, I see and I have to agree adding too much weight won't help, on the contrary.
    I remember all too well my Leica 1:2.8/70-180, weighing almost 2 kilos, that had me worn out within an hour of intensive use.
    But I still believe adding a little bulk to otherwise relative light equipment may improve stability without compromising comfort.
    In the end it's also down to one's physical appearance and therefore what is regarded as comfortable is very personal.

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this lens will be optically impressive, including at landscape distances. Most macros are, but not all.

I use this focal length constantly. But I've been struggling with my (adapted) Zeiss/Contax 85mm f1.4 on my A7 while I wait for a native Sony A solution.

Weight and size are definitely issues for me, as are autofocus, auto stop-down, and OSS.

The 85mm is very sharp at distance when stopped down, but a bit clunky to hold and use. I usually open up the aperture to 2.8 to magnify and focus, then stop down to taking aperture. While I'm messing around with that with my left hand, the camera starts to feels pretty front-heavy in my right hand. It's okay, but not wonderful.

After the weight and length of the adapter are included, my current Planar/Fotodiox combo is actually heavier than this new Sony macro. And only a little bit shorter. The macro seems to have all the features I want. So I'll definitely be watching the reviews carefully and hoping for the best.

Cheers,

--David
    Last edited by davidstock; 2nd March 2015 at 11:55.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Tortuous wait, I know.

But then, quite a few of these should be in the hands of reviewers by then, so the verdict on the lens should be well known by release date.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - ? Lenses - FE 90*mm F2.8 Macro G OSS

I am getting very interested in the 90mm but all these lenses create a good initial impression, to my way of thinking. Sony is aiming up for character, it seems, and OOF/bokeh is a big emphasis.

The 90, while heavier than ideal but same as Canon and much lighter than the top macros (eg 100/2.8 APO R), will likely please the thinking photographer with its versatility. MTF look promising. A 1:1 90mm lens with great correction - 15/11 - and OSS will make an a7r quite the weapon. How will it go at typical street FDs - say 3-5m? 25m? Infinity? Release is July, sad. In keeping with the times, I want it and I want it now!

Even the 28mm is loaded with ED/asph, it will go for just ~$400, 200 grams will make a fine wide option. a7r plus 28/2 for 665 grams, lighter than an M240 body.

Post Thanks / Like

BH Photo has changed my order status to "shipped", so I should be receiving the lens tomorrow. Yay!

I'm looking forward to this lens, as well as other user reports.
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony Canada say mine will ship on Friday.....
    Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Like to know how fast the AF is on it
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Like to know how fast the AF is on it
    I'm curious too. I found this unboxing that has some quick AF snaps at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-g982eJpUQ

Looks reasonably quick in close quarters like that. He's using the A7s. I wonder how much it would hunt at portrait lengths though.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post some images in the next day or two. From using it so far, the AF is every bit as fast and accurate as any other FE lens I own.

In the meantime, slr gear has their review of the lens online:

Sony Lens: Primes - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS SEL90M28G (Tested) - SLRgear.com!

tldr; Sharp as heck, expensive, and worth it!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like this is the lens for those folks who complained in the Batis 3% distortion thread. Optically superb!

How's the handling and weight? Does the camera sit flat on a table with it mounted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post
    I'll post some images in the next day or two. From using it so far, the AF is every bit as fast and accurate as any other FE lens I own.

In the meantime, slr gear has their review of the lens online:

Sony Lens: Primes - Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS SEL90M28G (Tested) - SLRgear.com!

tldr; Sharp as heck, expensive, and worth it!
    Hmmm this is what I wanted to hear. I'm more interested in this lens but not as a macro per say but something that is good at mid range and infinity but also with fast AF for a portrait . Here is the rub if you have the 55 1.8 or a Loxia 50 F2 you have some fast glass near that 85 mm mark now here is my thought for speed grab a Canon 135 F2 and now you get a very sharp cheap lens that can do low light work. With A7RII a F2.8 90 maybe work very good with it. And if you have two F2 lenses on either side of it the 90 is not so much needed for low light stuff. Besides all that I don't have to wait for it. It's shipping

I still want the Batis 25 but this may make the Batis 85 redundant. Something to chew on

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony 90mm

Front:62 mm
    Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.11 x 5.14" (79.0 x 130.5 mm)
    Weight 1.32 lb (602 g)

Zeiss 35mm 1.4

Front:72 mm
    Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.09 x 4.41" (78.5 x 112.0 mm)
    Weight 1.39 lb (630 g)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Essential just a little longer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Okay Batis 85mm

Filter Thread Front:67 mm x 0.75 mm Pitch
    Dimensions (DxL) Approx. 3.19 x 3.62" (81 x 92 mm)
    Weight 1.05 lb (475 g)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ggibson View Post
    ........................Looks reasonably quick in close quarters like that. He's using the A7s. I wonder how much it would hunt at portrait lengths though.
    With the A7II at portrait distances it doesn't appear to hunt at all. If you've already had one go at AF focusing subsequent attempts seem to be instantaneous with no perceptible delay or hunt. It's too quick to estimate. To focus from one end of the range to the other takes about 1 second or maybe slightly less. If you move backwards or forwards by about a foot at full head portrait distances refocusing takes perhaps 1/8 sec or less, again it's difficult to estimate.

With no hood when the camera is on a flat surface the camera base tilts forwards by about 2 deg, with a hood on the base is level.

Very pleased, looks like a winner

Bob.

Edited to add: Correction, focus does hunt, but it's almost too fast to notice. You can see it if you focus on a close up flat textured oblique surface.
    Last edited by Bob Parsons; 26th June 2015 at 03:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm using a Tamron 90mm 1:1 macro SP AF DI in EOS mount; it weight 405gr and is 71.5x97mm with a filter size of 55mm. It can be focused with the Metabones adapter but AF is very slow and can hunt on the A7r. It fill very light in the hand even with the Metabones adapter. However it is incredibly sharp till the corners. Only nit : it shows quite a lot of purple fringing.

I do also have a Zeiss Contax G 90mm F2.8. It is even lighter and smaller (280gr !). I use it less, because the Techart adapter I have got is not working very well for AF (it is tricky) and MF with that adapter isn't very comfortable. I should probably get a simple MF adapter for my Contax Zeiss lenses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Is there a focus limiter on the lens ? That is frequent on macro lens and improve focus speed quite a lot.
    Last edited by Annna T; 26th June 2015 at 16:27.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a ficus limiter on the lens ? That is frequent on macro lens and improve focus speed quite a lot.
    Yes. Full, Infinity - 0.5m and 0.5m - 0.28m

The lens/camera remembers the last focus position so in most instances it's very quick if focus distance hasn't moved too much between shots.

Bob.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I caved and bought one yesterday from UKdigital here in the UK and just received it.

My first observation is that this is not a walk-around lens.

The manual focussing is very nice - it automatically brings up the focus magnifier and if anything the focus ring is too smooth (I would have preferred more stiffness).

The lens is sooo big and long that the minimum focus distance is pretty much up to the front element (well I exaggerate but it is damn close).

I'll seriously use the lens tomorrow and post some examples.

LouisB
    -----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

In my previous post I should have mentioned that I had "Setting Effect" set to OFF. On A7II: Menu/Cog Wheel/3/Live View Display - Setting Effect/OFF. This means during focusing the lens is at full aperture giving the best focus performance. If "Setting Effect" is ON and the lens aperture is set to be stopped down then focus performance depends on the aperture set.

Louis, I haven't checked, but I don't think the distance between the front of the lens and subject is any less (maybe slightly) than similar circumstances with the 100mm Leica Macro Apo Elmarit-R with/without the special 1:1 Elpro lens attachment.

I've noticed if you fully "open" the aperture and look into the front of the lens the aperture is slightly stopped down. (You need "Setting Effect" set to ON to see this). I guess this is to maintain performance at full aperture.

Bob.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I only realised after posting this that I was forgetting the bl&*dy great big lens hood. So the distance from the front element is as you state.

I've had a lot of problems with hunting so far but I think that is me getting used to the lens. I have an A7R, I wonder if I too have the same 'setting effect'.

AMENDED: just checked, I do but it is on menu 2.

Louis
    Last edited by biglouis; 26th June 2015 at 13:19.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying out the FE 90/2.8 for a couple of days. Here is a result, taken with my A7S on a tripod of a small Viola ("Chicky Chicks") at iso64. You can click through to a full-size jpeg exported from Lightroom. This is as close to 1:1 as I could get.

My feeling is this. The Sony colours are beautiful, the ergonomics of the lens - especially the manual focus and the exact distance scale and focus throw - are excellent and aid taking macro photographs. I just wish it had the punch and sharpness of my Sigma DP3M. The point is that I suspect that outside of pixel peeping the Sony is always going to return the more beautiful of the photographs even if the DP3M is better in terms of absolute sharpness.

Just my two cents.

LouisB

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this lens for 3 days now. It is so far the easiest to use macro lens I have ever used. Autofocus actually works well. A first for me with macro. The push pull auto to manual is nice, smooth, and very easy to use. The quality of images is also, as expected, of very high standard. If I can figure out how to post to this site, I'll post a shot.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    I've been trying out the FE 90/2.8 for a couple of days. Here is a result, taken with my A7S on a tripod of a small Viola ("Chicky Chicks") at iso64. You can click through to a full-size jpeg exported from Lightroom. This is as close to 1:1 as I could get.

My feeling is this. The Sony colours are beautiful, the ergonomics of the lens - especially the manual focus and the exact distance scale and focus throw - are excellent and aid taking macro photographs. I just wish it had the punch and sharpness of my Sigma DP3M. The point is that I suspect that outside of pixel peeping the Sony is always going to return the more beautiful of the photographs even if the DP3M is better in terms of absolute sharpness.

Just my two cents.

LouisB
    Hi there Louis,

not doubting your statement regarding the sharpness of the DP3M, but isn't the razor thin DOF, as a result of 1:1 combined with the larger sensor, not to blame for perhaps the lack of "punch and sharpness" ?
    Perhaps you should post some more samples

Kind regards.
    Bart ...