The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can't update firmware on A7R

I just bought a mint condition A7R on Ebay. Everything works fantastic.
The actual firmware is the 1.02. I downloaded the Update_ILCE7RV110 from the official Sony Us site.
I'm trying to do the update from a Mac with a fully charged Sony original battery and fallowing the exact steps as described.
When I get to connecting the camera to the computer it stays long on verifying connection, then it tells to turn off the camera, pull the battery and restart the update software.
The camera is on Mass storage USB mode.
It happens again and again. I tried in my macbook pro and is the same. Changed USB cable and is the same.
Curious is that I get connection to other software like Capture One with no problem.
Any Ideas??

Found the problem:
Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader
What Does This Do?
This utility installs the necessary application needed for software updates if you are running Mac® OS X 10.10.
Applicable Products and Operating Systems (see full list...)
Model:ILCE-7ROperating System:
Mac OS® X

k-hawinkler

Found the problem:
Mac OS X 10.10 Driver Loader
What Does This Do?
This utility installs the necessary application needed for software updates if you are running Mac® OS X 10.10.
Applicable Products and Operating Systems (see full list...)
Model:ILCE-7ROperating System:
Mac OS® X

Thanks. URL link?