The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LensChanger: Set whatever lens you want in your files ...

KiboOst

Hi,

As many of us use alt lenses with our A7 series, I guess this would interest some of you : LensChanger application allow you to easily rewrite lens reported in your files. Can act on jpegs, tiffs, and raws through xmp sidecar files.

Really handy with adapters not reporting exif, and mixing same lens with different bodies nt reporting same lens, etc.

LensChanger Application

Cheers,
Kib

KiboOst

There is also a plugin for LR named Lenstagger.
Yes, but it is a lot more complex to use (indeed, never worked on my machine), and works only inside lightroom. And you must have it installed (which is not an easy process at all).

LensChanger is standalone and totally portable. You can get it on an usb drive and run it once just to fix some files and forget it. You even doesn't require lightroom at all to use it. LensChanger baseline is really "easy to use" for everyone, even those without computer science degree ;-)

Annna T

Yes, but it is a lot more complex to use (indeed, never worked on my machine), and works only inside lightroom. And you must have it installed (which is not an easy process at all).

LensChanger is standalone and totally portable. You can get it on an usb drive and run it once just to fix some files and forget it. You even doesn't require lightroom at all to use it. LensChanger baseline is really "easy to use" for everyone, even those without computer science degree ;-)
Seems that you are both judge and judged here.. Personnally I like to use it from within LR and it us particularly easy to install, just find the right folder and copy the plugin there.

Personnally I don't like the idea to use a separate app. It is a pain ito add one more step outside of your usual workflow. Plus in LR you can easily see the content of the pictures with which you are dealing, that is a big plus when you want to remember which lens you were using.

But each one has its own preferences.

KiboOst

Being both judge and judged here, yes indeed lol
Won't arg for years, but last year when I needed such functionality, of course first thing I do was searching for existing solution before even think about doing my own. Tested LensTagger, and while powerfull it was not for me. And Lightroom isn't the only raw editing solution.

Now, both solutions exist, so all good, right ? I don't gain anything with LensChanger, I use it and as many requested it, I released it, that's all. Each solution have its pros and cons, both being free ;-)