The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony FE 28mm samples

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well this lens is inexpensive enough to try out and test it. I'm thinking about it and I think a lot of folks are. Like to see images from the 35 1.4 also.

We are at least getting interesting.

mmbma

it looks big with the converter on. bigger than the nikkor 20/1.8 set up. I wonder if Nikon can make it smaller, why sony can't

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not sure I'm really interested in the converters since I have the 16-35 and 21 is killer good in it. But again it could get in that travel bag and make a nice compact kit.

V

Vivek

it looks big with the converter on. bigger than the nikkor 20/1.8 set up. I wonder if Nikon can make it smaller, why sony can't
Nikon have a decent optical division.

This front converter business is worrying. The 16/2.8 plus converters for the NEX is a good reason.

The Ute

I am sure you all check out Sony rumors from time to time.
Today they have some samples from the FE 28mm.

Worldwide very first image samples taken with the Sony FE 28mm f/2.0 lens! | sonyalpharumors

I am looking forward to seeing how good the 21mm equiv adapter works on the 28mm. It might finally be a solution for those of us looking for that 21/20.

The 28 with 21 adapter paired with the FE55 or a Loxia 50 would make a good basic travel kit

:watch:
I have both on order. Can't wait to get them. :)

Tim

Nikon have a decent optical division.

This front converter business is worrying. The 16/2.8 plus converters for the NEX is a good reason.
Converters can be a mixed bag.

The Ricoh GR 28mm with 21mm converter works just fine. Very nice.
The Panasonic m43 converter for only their 28 was not so good IMHO though.

Even though it is bigger than other options, your are getting two focal length lenses out of it.

V

Vivek

Tim, none you quote are made by Sony (also, they were for minuscule to tiny format sensors). Sony do make a 16/2.8 and front converters for the E mount.

Tim

Tim, none you quote are made by Sony (also, they were for minuscule to tiny format sensors). Sony do make a 16/2.8 and front converters for the E mount.
You miss the point, we won't know till we see.
For my purpose the Sony one may be fine. We each make our own judgement.

V

Vivek

Sony stores say that it (28/2) is available on 6th or 7th May! :(

(comes with a 5 year warranty for Euros 449.)