The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A couple of questions about the 5 axis satibilization

V

Vivek

You need to have a very consistent tremble for that to work (or do a very large number of tests so the results become statistically relevant). However looking at the results that Jim Kasson found (see link in post 12 above) my own conclusion is that 3 axis will work fine and 5 axis is just a vernier improvement (if at all)
Pieter, Appreciate your link but that applies to that guy only.

pegelli

Pieter, Appreciate your link but that applies to that guy only.
I think that's obvious, and it's true for every IBIS test published. Only if you have some kind of machine you could test in a consistent way, but then the question will be how well this translates to humans holding the camera in real field use

V

Vivek

The questions were very simple, Pieter. 5 vs 3 and under what conditions they work in the A7 II. Not how effective (perceived or for real).

Annna T

The questions were very simple, Pieter. 5 vs 3 and under what conditions they work in the A7 II. Not how effective (perceived or for real).
Then look at all the tests : Kasson tested the FE 55 F1.8 but also some M lenses (180mm, 16-21mm @ 16mm and a 28mm) aka one lens supporting 5 axes and others only 3 axes.

It is a very useful link; what is the problem with it ?

V

Vivek

Annnna, I got some useful answers that pertains to my queries from Johnny, Mazor and K-H. If you enjoy reading general stuff, read them and enjoy them! :)

pegelli

Vivek, sorry for hijacking your thread with raising subjects that do not directly answer the original question you raised. I was under the assumption that it is allowed to bring up subjects related the topic raised, but apparently I should refrain from that in the future, and I will.

V

Vivek

Pieter, It is unrelated to the topic and you knew it. Aren't you a forum moderator somewhere? :)

pegelli

Sorry, I thought (and still think) the topics were related. But now I understand your perspective I will refrain from commenting further on technical questions you raise unless it's a direct answer to it. No big deal.

V

Vivek

I already thanked you for the link and your thoughts but I do not like anyone ramming their views for whatever reason. Your thoughts are appreciated and well received. Thanks again, Pieter! :)