The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7rII

The Ute

According to SAR the new A7r will be announced very soon and will have
IBIS just like the A7II.
I'd assume the ergonomics, mag body, and improved focus speed would
be a part of the package ?
If an EFC shutter is part of it we can do backflips.
I'm gonna guess at the pricing and say around $2500.
By the way, SAR says production has already started.

V

Vivek

If an EFC shutter is part of it we can do backflips.
I am too old to do that for any reason, more particularly, for another A7x camera. :(

The A7 II came, I am still not moved. I am very very happy about my restraint. :thumbs:

With a7/7r/7s in use I will look forward to the rumored A9 and not any of these II versions.

The Ute

I am too old to do that for any reason, more particularly, for another A7x camera. :(

The A7 II came, I am still not moved. I am very very happy about my restraint. :thumbs:

With a7/7r/7s in use I will look forward to the rumored A9 and not any of these II versions.
I'm sure that one is coming too (A9).
I doubt it will start off a an IBIS camera but it might.
If it does it will likely cost at least $3500, if not more.
Too rich for my blood.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Btw they moved ship dates up on the Sony Zeiss 35 1.4 to March 30th here on Amazon. 14 days ahead of plan.

I said this before they can simply drop a 36mpx or more in the current A7II body and I would be 90 percent all over it as fast as possible . Sure a few extras should not hurt like uncompressed raws which than I would try and do a back flip but in my pool. LOL

Price guess 2899.00

The Ute

Btw they moved ship dates up on the Sony Zeiss 35 1.4 to March 30th here on Amazon. 14 days ahead of plan.

I said this before they can simply drop a 36mpx or more in the current A7II body and I would be 90 percent all over it as fast as possible . Sure a few extras should not hurt like uncompressed raws which than I would try and do a back flip but in my pool. LOL

Price guess 2899.00
I'm thinking about 1000 more than a comparable A7II.

Michiel Schierbeek

I'll skip this one as well. Don't really miss IBIS, although when it is there it is nice to have.

I do admire you restraint Vivek! ;)

Knorp

I like an A7r-II ... but like an A9r even better.
First we have to see if and when this A9 is going to materialise and for what mount ... :confused:

My guess for the A7r-II - €2300,00

All the best.

frozenbb

Give me a silent shutter mode and I might bite. But for the most part I don't see this as being much of an upgrade - especially not for the $2500+ it will surely retail for.

Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

V

Vivek

I am rooting for a global shutter (A9?). I am also resigned to the fact that I will be buying stuff from the free market (ie., HK) in the future and not the price fixing mafia here.

pegelli

I am also resigned to the fact that I will be buying stuff from the free market (ie., HK) in the future and not the price fixing mafia here.
Is paying import duty for that a fact in Holland, or is there still a a chance it passes unnoticed?
In Belgium these days paying import duty and VAT is a 100% certainty. The tax authorities have delegated the calculation and levy of the total amount to the Postal service for a percentage of the proceeds, so now the Belgian post never forgets to add the charges for you :banghead:

V

Vivek

Is paying import duty for that a fact in Holland, or is there still a a chance it passes unnoticed?
In Belgium these days paying import duty and VAT is a 100% certainty. The tax authorities have delegated the calculation and levy of the total amount to the Postal service for a percentage of the proceeds, so now the Belgian post never forgets to add the charges for you :banghead:
Please, understand that I am not in a position to have an extensive discussion on this. It is personal.

(I also boycott those tax dodgers Starbucks and the so called non profit organization IKEA- also a personal decision!)

Arne Hvaring

If they fix the shutter shock issue and give us uncompressed RAW (how difficult could that be?), I might buy into the Sony system again. That it will have IBIS and better ergonomics seems obvious. But this time I'll wait for the reviews before making a move...

V

Vivek

"how difficult could that be" for sony- this applies to a whole bunch of things. For example, sony.au sold A7s + kit zoom + an optional adapter of choice for ~ 1200 Euros.

How difficult can that be for sony in other places to emulate that (even for a short period)?

mazor

How about just go back to the old CCD technology. I think it would be easier to implement global shutter using that technology

V

Vivek

Yes but live view would not be that "live" anymore. I still have a Sony A390. The last of their cameras to have a CCD sensor and also one of those experimental ones with a liveview (unconnected to the sensor) EVF/OVF. This also sports a cludgy fold out LCD.

It is Sony's task (being the largest sensor maker and all) to crack the problem.