The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware 1.2 available for A7/A7R/A7S/A7ii

My understanding is that compared with ver. 1.1 only the compatibility with the new lenses have been improved. Everything else shown in the update description was already included in ver. 1.1 (stabilization, start-up time).

Gbealnz

Another successful update, albeit not without issues.
I'm not really that new to updating, but hit the wall with this latest one. MY FAULT. I mistakenly downloaded the incorrect camera file. I have an A7. I downloaded the A7II update, and couldn't work out why the updater faulted. Blamed everything except the operator. Finally worked it out, downloaded the correct file, and away we went.
Lesson learned.
Gary

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I maybe dreaming but my A7r seems more responsive with AF. Anyway updated the A7r and A7II just fine.

kdphotography

What a PITA compared to updating firmware using a CF card.

Updated both A7r full spectrum and A7II (minor hiccup) but all appears to be fine.

ken

ecsh

Did my A7R and A6000. Thought it was rather easy to do.
The A7R does seem to lock focus a little faster, but that is probably wishful thinking as Guy put it.
Joe

V

Vivek

Start up times are faster on a7 and a7s. Haven't done the a7r (least used at the moment) yet.

The 28/2 looks straighter (though Raw files are with the distortion) through the EVF.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes took a while but this time the updates were 100% reliable vs the last 1.10 update which was a complete PITA.

It might be psychological but I agree that startup seems faster. :thumbup:

Update proved a bit harder than I expected. When the update has finally finished running in the camera, it's screen is supposed to come on again - but mine didn't, after 10 minutes or so. I had to turn the camera off and on again and was worried things had 'got stuck.' But the camera claims to have new firmware and seems to function as it should.

Kirk

iiiNelson

Has anyone had any problems with updating the A7R? I updated my A7 (both were on firmware 1.02) perfectly fine on the first time with Yosemite but I'm on attempt 20-something and the A7R will not take... Weird.