Site Sponsors

Thread: A7 Firmware Updates

Post Thanks / Like

A7 Firmware Updates

Has anyone who is using the 35mm F1.4 noticed whether the firmware update for the A7 cameras is needed for the 35f1.4 focusing accuracy. Currently I find it kind of slow and I was wondering if I should revise my firmware. I'm hesitant because I read something (somewhere) that said that after the firmware upgrade the older 35f2.8 would experience problems. Can anyone give me any information on this question? Thanks.
    Regards,
    John
    Sony fanboy, shamelessly shilling for "the man" since 2010.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A7 Firmware Updates

Have you updated the FW for the 35/2.8? I think the reports were about the inability to update that lens (in some cases). If that is the case, you can send your lens to Sony to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the 35/1.4 but my 35/2.8 has a serial number in the range listed for potential problems but I didn't have any problems when I upgraded the firmware on it.

EDIT: off topic but adding the link to the 35/2.8 firmware problem support page. http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/news-i...8Z&news_id=488

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. So the firmware update requires the specific lens to be on the camera in order to be updated. I assumed just the camera was involved. I better do my homework on this.

Thanks.
    Regards,
    John
    Sony fanboy, shamelessly shilling for "the man" since 2010.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jfirneno View Post
    Interesting. So the firmware update requires the specific lens to be on the camera in order to be updated. I assumed just the camera was involved. I better do my homework on this.

Thanks.
    I recently updated the A7r to the last firmware, then updated the lenses one after the other, putting them on the body. It is supposed to allow a faster start after sleeping, but I didn't notice a lot of difference. The updating of the body took quite a while, but the updating of the lenses was very very fast for all the lenses I have. I had no problem (using a PC with Window 7 64bits) with any of the updates (55mm F1.8, 24-70mm, 70-200mm). I don't have the 35mm F2.8, so can't report about it.