The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Release Sony shutter with eye sensor app.

V

Vivek

After much struggle (accessing the playstation site) I installed it in my A7r as a test case. It disables focus magnification (manual focus lenses). Since I have desensitized the eye sensor to avoid the annoyance of it turning off when the camera is close to me, the app is also very much less sensitive. It works but as with all other playstation apps, not sure if it would be of any practical use to me.

BTW, this is a beta version (may be that is why it is problematic in an "Alpha" camera? :ROTFL: )

FWIW, the shake related problems I have with the A7r are NOT from squeezing the shutter button. :(

If anyone has contacts at Sony please tell those M*&^%s. :ROTFL:

scho

After much struggle (accessing the playstation site) I installed it in my A7r as a test case. It disables focus magnification (manual focus lenses). Since I have desensitized the eye sensor to avoid the annoyance of it turning off when the camera is close to me, the app is also very much less sensitive. It works but as with all other playstation apps, not sure if it would be of any practical use to me.

BTW, this is a beta version (may be that is why it is problematic in an "Alpha" camera? :ROTFL: )

FWIW, the shake related problems I have with the A7r are NOT from squeezing the shutter button. :(

If anyone has contacts at Sony please tell those M*&^%s. :ROTFL:
Typical PITA Playmemories stuff. This app works with the A7r, but you have to use the app's own menu to access focus magnification and some other settings. Seems to me that it would have been a lot easier to just put this Touchless Shutter function in firmware as another menu option.

mazor

agree scho, also by putting the touchless shutter in firmware menu option would also allow the touchless shutter to enable bracketing and bulb shooting. Bulb shooting using a double swipe works only for the A7ii and A7s with this beta :(