The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HCam Master TS 11-24mm

daf

on the link for the 35pc, you can also see the color cast(blue on the left side/yellow on the right) it is very low so you can probably live with it, but if you need perfect picture then an lcc is needed..

daf

All the vigneting test on the " hcam finale version getdpi page" where done with the hcam master V1...from what stefan say we can expect some real improvement with V2...so probably a full 36x54mm capture size without any hard vignet..but this should be confirm lens by lens...

Daf,
Thanks so much, much appreciated! I am definitely in the market for a 35mm and am debating whether to get the Contax PC or go with a Contax 645 35mm and preset the aperture to f11..

The Contax 35mm PC is the obvious choice but these seem quite rare and expensive..

I currently have a Pentax 645 35mm and a Canon 24mm TS-E and will be looking to order the V2 adapter when it is available, so will be able to test them out then :)

Stefan Steib

Good news, today I got the final HCam Master TS version 2. Will post some images the next days. It got some more improvements for faster usage and better workflow. It can even be customized now......
Shipments start next thursday.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

BJNY

Good news, today I got the final HCam Master TS version 2. Will post some images the next days. It got some more improvements for faster usage and better workflow. It can even be customized now......
Shipments start next thursday.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Please elaborate on customization options.

mandonbossi

Great news Stefan!

I look forward to seeing some photos and hearing about the improvements!

BJNY, I think Stefan is referring to being able to change the rear to be able to be used with a variety of mirrorless cameras

"And: the new Version also allows to exchange the back mount.
In the future additional to Sony E-Mount, there will be
Canon EOS-M
Samsung NX
Fuji X
MFT.
Dealers will be able to change this for their customers."

Could be something else though...

:)

Stefan Steib

Yep - customization is the (future) available mounts (right now we have emount, but are working with Novoflex to get more ready)

and second: the mechanism of the rear rotation was changed from a lock that had to be lifted to rotate to a clickstop. For differing usage, we will now deliver the adapters with 2 differing sets of little springs hard(Firm and tight) and softer (Smooth and easy rotation).
Both have advantages, the standard delivery will be hard for tight and firm , but if somebody changes the rotation a lot (I don´t!) he may preferre the softer version. Can easily be done by the user and is the same screws that also allow the changeable back mount.

Greetings from a rainy Germany
Stefan

Lictor

Hi Stefan

Congrats on a great product and that you keep on expanding and improving it.

Just a question, is it possible to reverse modify the Canon lens in the future, ie. return the hood, or are the changes irreversible?

Thanks a lot

Dan

Stefan Steib

Hi Stefan

Congrats on a great product and that you keep on expanding and improving it.

Just a question, is it possible to reverse modify the Canon lens in the future, ie. return the hood, or are the changes irreversible?

Thanks a lot

Dan
You can easily refit the back lens cover, for a front lensshade remount you´ll need the according spare part plus the work on a Canon contractor/repairshop but yes - it is fully reversible !

NEWS

I have now gotten the first batch of the production adapters. Images follow, I am just flooded with things to do now.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

Owen

Hi Billy
Yes of course, we use an original Novoflex plate (=identical to the Astat Nex plate) for this.

Some more food for the people following:

A short look on todays Setup of my HCam Master TS for the shooting. The Canon 16-35mm offers 15mm of shift vertical from 22-34mm. I use it prestopped down to f11. See the nice Handle I added to the hotshoe. I found this to work perfectly when you have the setup split in half from out of the bag - Head and camera.
Sony A7R, Meike Batterygrip -full radio remote trigger/Timer.
Novoflex Magicball, HCam TS Rail and Crossrail.
Hi Stefan, looking forward to this hugely! You mention vertical shift but what about horizontal? Would love to see examples with the 24-70 too.

Lictor

You can easily refit the back lens cover, for a front lensshade remount you´ll need the according spare part plus the work on a Canon contractor/repairshop but yes - it is fully reversible !

NEWS

I have now gotten the first batch of the production adapters. Images follow, I am just flooded with things to do now.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply, deeply appreciated.

So, you definitely think that 11-24 is better than using 17 ts-e with your adapter for a wider shift area?

Stefan Steib

Hi Lictor

Yes - several advantages against the TS-E 17mm:
1.: Much wider image angle 126,5 degrees at 11mm (still 3-4mm of shift!)
2.: All the intermediate and longer focal lengthes up to 24mm (in effect you get both TS-E´s plus plenty more focal lengthes)
3.: at 17mm you reach or even surpass the possible shift of a TS-E (see attached brand new excel table)
4.: it has a 360 degree rotational tripod clamp, moving the camera not the frontlens, so it is parallax free
5.: it is still cheaper to buy our adapter and the modified Canon 11-24 than both TS-E lenses
6.: Even if the 17 is a very good lens the 11-24mm is sharper, especially on the outer areas. Really close there to the 24mm TS-E, but again: center is better !
7.: it is only one lens and takes less space and weight than 2 TS-E´s.

Attachments

Lictor

Definitely good arguments for the 11-24. A lot of food for thought. :roll eyes:
The 24mm ts-e is considered such a legendary lens it's hard to believe that a zoom is so close.

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know if the new Lee holder for Nikon 14-24 can be installed on 11-24 as well? It would solve the problems of wanting a hood from time to time.

Stefan, do you think you'll ever make an adapter with electronic contacts for Canon?

Cheers,

Daniel

Stefan Steib

Definitely good arguments for the 11-24. A lot of food for thought. :roll eyes:
The 24mm ts-e is considered such a legendary lens it's hard to believe that a zoom is so close.

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know if the new Lee holder for Nikon 14-24 can be installed on 11-24 as well? It would solve the problems of wanting a hood from time to time.

Stefan, do you think you'll ever make an adapter with electronic contacts for Canon?

Cheers,

Daniel
Lee, Nisi, Fotodiox and probably some more are all working on Filter holder adapters for the 11-24mm
I already think a lot about this actually since the HCam, the technical and software part would be solved.
But not the physical ! There is no space for a cable to go into the 360 degree rotation and not get torn !!!!!

Update: here is the new budget TS lens for the Masses Canon EF-L 4/16-35mm IS USM with the V2 HCam Master TS. A perfect addition to the longer side !

Attachments

Thank you Stefan for 16-35mm table.

Would you post one for 24-70mm, please?
I second both comments. The lens chart is great and it would be better yet to have one for the 24-70 2.8L II or 4L. That would provide a complete basic set.

Once I get this adapter I will also test it with the 17-40 4 and share the results. Now I am just waiting on Stefan to reply for that to happen :)

Owen

Thanks Stefan. When you have time it would be great to see examples of how the image circle looks when shifted so that we can see how any distortion creeps in, and also edge sharpness. I'm also keen to see a 24-70. Looking forward to the finished product.