The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Batis samples from Zeiss

iiiNelson

Yeah I edited with a bit more information... After I was quoted but yeah. Interesting for sure. I think both are being announced soon.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Great catch Tre. They have a nice look to them at least on my iPad. Think I'm going to knit a new ski mask .lol

Guy Mancuso

iiiNelson

Yeah they don't look bad to me... Not the greatest shots ever but it gives a great idea of rendering. That's all one can ask for. I'm sold on the potential.

iiiNelson

Actually it Sony sticks with the 3:2 ratio for the higher resolution pro body should have a resolution of ~59.5MP (9450x6300.) That would yield about a ~39MP square image if you're into the 1:1 ratio, a ~49MP image if you're into the 4:5 ratio, or ~53MP image if you're into 4:3 aspect ratio... Lot of cropping/printing options with that sort of real estate.

Might also explain the A7II rebate/price drop... That or thriving American economics.

Guy Mancuso

The A7II price reduction makes zero sense unless there pulling a rabbit out if the hat. Maybe drop 24 altogether and leave it for the A6100 series. It's just weird

iiiNelson

The A7II price reduction makes zero sense unless there pulling a rabbit out if the hat. Maybe drop 24 altogether and leave it for the A6100 series. It's just weird
Maybe... Or planning on more separation between the lines. Maybe the A7II remains the entry level FE body at ~$1500, the A7R becomes the A8 ~$2100, and the Pro Body becomes the A9 for ~$2700. Who knows though?

They'll probably keep the names the same more than likely... Just was a thought. It is sony though so you never really know what they'll do... for better or worse.

I also remember Sony mentioning in an interview they have some sensors they rather not sell to competitors and keep for themselves. It would be pretty funny if this was one of them - a "statement piece" of cost/performance sort of how the A900 was compared with the D3X.

iiiNelson

True especially when it's not consistent... Could just be great marketing and getting people to look at their lenses. It's been the talk of the late morning and afternoon for sure.

Guy Mancuso

Maybe... Or planning on more separation between the lines. Maybe the A7II remains the entry level FE body at ~$1500, the A7R becomes the A8 ~$2100, and the Pro Body becomes the A9 for ~$2700. Who knows though?

They'll probably keep the names the same more than likely... Just was a thought. It is sony though so you never really know what they'll do... for better or worse.

I also remember Sony mentioning in an interview they have some sensors they rather not sell to competitors and keep for themselves. It would be pretty funny if this was one of them - a "statement piece" of cost/performance sort of how the A900 was compared with the D3X.
That makes logical sense get the A7II low enough to be the entry level at like 1399.99 when the new one comes out. Maybe even getting the A7rII to 1999.00 than nail us on the A9 at 2800 or 2900.

Hausen

I am super glad I have exited my Leica bodies. Sony really is where it is at these days. Met a guy here in NZ last week who had a bag full of every Leica lens available, except the Nocti because he had the APO instead, and he had the 7r and 7II bodies. His M240 and MM are on the block because the Sony blew him away. Also had the S2 and a lenses in another pack:)

Guy Mancuso

Seriously you could not give me a M240. Great glass very hampered bodies. To limiting for Pro use and even Sony can be at times. I should say as primary body.