The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Upcoming A7rII

The Ute

I'm hoping the new A7r stays w the 36MP sensor and just upgrades to IBIS, better AF and ergonomics like the A7II.

That way the cost will stay more affordable.

Let Sony produce a new A9 w 56MP sensor for those born wealthy.

:)

tn1krr

Interestingly enough more high res files appear in flickr, size 9400 x 6300 is downloadable

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lokuochin/17191810710/

Did my usual sniffing with unix "strings" command to find text like below still in highest res downloadable jpg. Not that this proves anything as anything can be faked, but the sharpness in the girls cool contact lens is quite ok.

Adobe
Exif
SONY
ILCE-7RM2
Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
2015:05:05 21:36:48

The Ute

Well, maybe add a silent shutter, or at least an EFCS option.
Interestingly enough more high res files appear in flickr, size 9400 x 6300 is downloadable

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lokuochin/17191810710/

Did my usual sniffing with unix "strings" command to find text like below still in highest res downloadable jpg. Not that this proves anything as anything can be faked, but the sharpness in the girls cool contact lens is quite ok.

Adobe
Exif
SONY
ILCE-7RM2
Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
2015:05:05 21:36:48
Don't want to pay 3 grand for the new body.

:(

V

Vivek

It would be an instant buy for me IF Sony comes up with an upgrade program like Leica.

A7r to A7r M2 will be just very easy and less painful. Otherwise, I will look for prices to drop at least 33% (~ 3-6 months after all the online reviewers hail it as the BEST ever! :D:D).

These product cycles are very very taxing and there is absolutely no enthusiasm at the moment.

The Ute

It would be an instant buy for me IF Sony comes up with an upgrade program like Leica.

A7r to A7r M2 will be just very easy and less painful. Otherwise, I will look for prices to drop at least 33% (~ 3-6 months after all the online reviewers hail it as the BEST ever! :D:D).

These product cycles are very very taxing and there is absolutely no enthusiasm at the moment.
True.
I'm all in if the price is 2k or less.
I don't think their will be a trade-in program of that nature.

V

Vivek

Wish-fulfillment fatigue?
Yes and no.

I am very appreciative of what Sony have been doing since they entered the mirrorless arena. They did make real progress but it did also cost me a lot.

Anything that builds on the superb A7s is welcome. :)

4season

Trade-in program has been done several times in the US. I don't know if they ever bring that to Europe.
What kind of % of original retail price did they offer on digital camera bodies? Maybe I should offer to buy minty A7Rs.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I just wish they get on with the announcements. I need to make some decisions on my game plan. Seriously if it's a A7II with a 36mpx sensor and same speed or better both my A7r and A7II are on the block. I'll back it up with a A6100 for a extra body. I actually liked the A6000 quite a bit.

The Ute

I just wish they get on with the announcements. I need to make some decisions on my game plan. Seriously if it's a A7II with a 36mpx sensor and same speed or better both my A7r and A7II are on the block. I'll back it up with a A6100 for a extra body. I actually liked the A6000 quite a bit.
My sentiments exactly. Get on w it.
Hopefully next week.

iiiNelson

Well my A7 is on the block no matter what. My A7R is already modded and its a keeper for those purposes.

sven

Not sure about 59 Mp camera. I do most shootings hand held, the 59 MP is going to make this very tough. I would love an improved 36 MP camera primarily for this reason.

tn1krr

Not sure about 59 Mp camera. I do most shootings hand held, the 59 MP is going to make this very tough. I would love an improved 36 MP camera primarily for this reason.
Practically same pixel size as 24 MP APS-C, many people do just fine with those handheld. IBIS (assuming this hypethetical camera has one) will help too.