The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just got my A7r back from Life Pixel after having a full-spectrum conversion done. This image is my first, taken as IR with a 630nm filter. The interesting thing is how well the base image converts to B&W with appropriate vegetation tonality. Anyway, just having fun with a new toy. Oh, lens is the 24-70 Sony at 24mm f6.3:

pegelli

Statue of a Roman soldier near Somerset House along the Thames in London

A850 + Min 80-200/2.8 HS G

It's probably one of the most lifelike/realistic statues I've seen

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Both ends of a new work by Richard Long on Clifton Downs, Bristol.
He made his first work, 'A Line Made by Walking', hereabouts in 1967.
Worth checking out images of his work.
(RX100 and Nik Silver Efex)

danlindberg

First post here :)
Main reason is that my A7R is mostly sleeping in the safe. Today, though, we had a family outing to an animal rescue centre and I brought the Sony. So a few family snaps from this morning...

Believe or not, but I played with this beauty about six months ago. I would not try this now....jawdropping to see how much it had grown!

This guy sat down on my shoulder and closed his eyes as if he liked the place and wanted to rest. My wife has a snap when it happened and I look terrified ;) I had him on my shoulder for around 7-8 minutes.

What a bird!

The king.

And my wife getting close to the offspring of above....

pegelli

Rotterdam, view towards the "Kop van Zuid" with the cruise terminal and Hotel New York

A6000 + Zuiko 24/2.8 + metabones speedbooster

V

Vivek

The usual LR output with lens profile (Sony E 20/2.8) applied, SilverEfexP2, resized from NEX-5NM.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Output from a different readout (have a long way to go to get used to it ) No lens profile.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Knorp

My dad, turning 87 in September. Apparently, something caught his attention ...

| leica summarex 1:1.5/85 |