The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

etrigan63

Carlos, great idea and great use of the word fora. Pegelli has his issues with crooked horizons, and I have mine with the words forums and myself.

How are you feeling? You ok? Glad to see you back here in the Sony forum.
Hi Mike,
Sony finally convinced me late last year with the A7II so I am back to Sony for good this time. I had a pancreatic abscess that got a bit rambunctious two weeks ago and had to be drained. As it was an abscess (and thus infected), I was on IV antibiotics 3x a day up until day before yesterday. They have switched me to oral antibiotics for another week and I will likely have the drain removed next week, so all will be good for our summer trip to Spain.

I am really digging the A7 II. All of the goodness of the A99 in a smaller package and with the ability to use adapted lenses. What's not to love? Is it perfect? No. We could use some finer controls on the auto ISO and I am hoping that Sony will "kaizen" us a full electronic shutter and 14-bit RAW files, but I am not holding my breath.

ggibson

I am hoping that Sony will "kaizen" us a full electronic shutter and 14-bit RAW files, but I am not holding my breath.
Haha, I agree I'd love to see these features, but I'm not expecting them until the next model iterations. Sony's not particularly known for continuing to develop existing products' firmware. I think SAR did report that their RAW process was being reworked though, so that's a possibility. Electronic shutter is highly unlikely to be added as a firmware update, since this is really a hardware limitation of the sensor readout speed (to avoid rolling shutter issues).

Anyways, back to the B&W pics!

V

Vivek

I started dabbling in photography with a borrowed Yashica Electro 35 and respooled cine bulk film. It is good to be using the Color Yashinon 45/1.7 from an Electro 35 now, not just for nostalgic reasons but for the results. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7s, Color Yashinon 45/1.7, The Hague

Audii-Dudii

A7R with adapted Contax N 17-35/f2.8 zoom:

A7R with Sony 20mm/f2.8 in APS crop mode:

A7R with Voigtlander 15mm/f4.5:

RX1:

RX1 @ f8 with Ricoh GW-3 wide-angle converter:

RX1 @ f2.8 with Ricoh GW-3 wide-angle converter (aka "toy camera" mode):