The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Where is the sacher torte? :)
Hi, Vivek

I didn't have any torte!

I had a trio of petit fours at the Cafe Central.

I'm possibly off to another coffee-centric location early next year, so may have another chance to sample sacher torte.

Audii-Dudii

All of the photos below were taken over the past week while I was taking my dog on late-night / early morning walks around the neighborhood.

For each photo, seven files from an RX1 were converted to 16-bit B&W .tifs in Raw Therapee, stacked as layers in Photoshop, blended together using the median mode, then post-processed to taste thereafter:

As can be seen, the reduction in noise in the shadow areas resulting from use of this methodology is significant. In fact, these photos wouldn't have passed muster with me otherwise, because lifting the shadows to reveal details also lifts the noise and on all my previous attempts to photograph these scenes, this has resulted in some seriously ugly looking photos.