The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

tbhv55

NEX-7 with a metabones speedbooster and canon 17-40/4

Like this shot!

How is the speedbooster in actual use? Is it straightforward, or is it fiddly and awkward? I'm interested in getting one, but I keep reading mixed reviews, so I'm interested in the opinions of people who have used them. TIA.

Last edited:

pegelli

How is the speedbooster in actual use? Is it straightforward, or is it fiddly and awkward. I'm interested in getting one, but I keep reading mixed reviews, so I'm interested in the opinions of people who have used them. TIA.
Using it for my Olympus OM Zuiko manual focus lenses is very straight forward. Just mount it the same as a normal mount adapter and you're in business. However I've never worked one with one that needed to pass through any information, like aperture setting and/or AF so can't comment on that aspect of the speedboosters.

3D mural in the Citadel Park in Gent:

A850 + CZ 135/1.8

Slingers

Like this shot!

How is the speedbooster in actual use? Is it straightforward, or is it fiddly and awkward? I'm interested in getting one, but I keep reading mixed reviews, so I'm interested in the opinions of people who have used them. TIA.
I've had no problems with my speedbooster. It focuses to infinity even if I add on another adapter like for c/y or Nikon F. It's not fiddly at all. I also have a V3 smart adapter for EF to E and its functionality is the same as my speedbooster. I've had other electronic adapters from another brand though that caused the camera to crash but not had anything unusual from the metabones adapters.

tbhv55

I've had no problems with my speedbooster. It focuses to infinity even if I add on another adapter like for c/y or Nikon F. It's not fiddly at all. I also have a V3 smart adapter for EF to E and its functionality is the same as my speedbooster. I've had other electronic adapters from another brand though that caused the camera to crash but not had anything unusual from the metabones adapters.
Many thanks - that's very useful information.:thumbup:

Annna T

I thought it was a toned (selenium??) monochrome image.

Joel
If it is split toning, then it is very subtle.. At least on my iPad (where everything tends to look too yellow)

Anyway, monochrome or not, it is a very serene and good picture.