The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Don Libby

I've been testing using a flash with a Sony A7r that's been converted to capture full spectrum the past couple days. Nothing new about the Sony as I've been shooting WS/IR for awhile. The difference is adding a flash to the mix. I've begun using a Q-flash T-2 with a QF-80 IR reflector attached. The great think about this setup is that it allows a full range of shooting possibilities from shooting bare bulb color to various IR simply by screwing in an IR filter to cover the bulb; so if I'm capturing 830nm on the camera I use a 830nm filter on the flash. These are just 2-sample of what I'm getting doing this. The first was captured last night around dusk and the 2nd (the flower) was captured this morning about an hour ago in bright sunlight. This is definitely something I'm going to continue learning about. Don

FE24-70 (47mm) f/8 1/100 ISO 100 taken around 5:30 P.M.

50mm f/95 at around f/2 1/6400 ISO 100 taken at 10:11 AM. There's been no processing done to this other than white balance in C1.

Double posting of these images as not everyone might be interested in infrared photography...

etrigan63

Last edited:

pegelli

A few that work well (I think) in B&W from a recent visit to Loevestein Castle in the Netherlands.

1: thick walls and window

2: view from the prison cell

3: gunpowder casks

NEX6 + Nokton 35/1.2 II

slickster

The farmer says this baby starts on gas, then switches to diesel, then runs on steam when hot. Should probably avoid asphalt roads in summer.

Cheers, Monty:shocked::clap:

Don Libby

I've been testing/getting used to using a flash with some of my infrared work the past couple days and driving everyone crazy. Here's the latest shot from this afternoon. Captured using a Sony A7r that has been converted to capture full spectrum and a FE 24-70 lens. I put a 720nm IR filter on the lens as well as the Q-flash T2 (using a QF80) and ended up with this. FE24-70 (64nm) f/8 1/250 ISO 200.

etrigan63

Well, my Canon FDn 20mm f/2.8 arrived today. However, when I mounted it on the adapter, it was a bit wiggly. My Canon FDn 85mm has the same mount but it is tighter than the 20mm. My two other Canon lenses are silver breech ring types and they mount just fine and are tighter than the FDn lenses. I have ordered a Metabones adapter to see if that improves things. If it does, the Fotodiox goes back (the magic of ordering via Amazon). Fingers are crossed.