The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

MikalWGrass

Carlos, great stuff, again. I am not as interested in how the images are made and with what gear, as I am how you seem to get out of the house and photograph alone.

etrigan63

Carlos, great stuff, again. I am not as interested in how the images are made and with what gear, as I am how you seem to get out of the house and photograph alone.
Mikal,
the Mrs. has expressed her opinion that I need to improve my street photography which, after a trip to New York City for our 20th anniversary last October, she realizes cannot be done with an entourage/posse. I promise not to succumb to G.A.S. while out there.

Tonight, I was scoping locations for a retirement party I am photographing (no money, but free food). Over 100 guests are expected and they want a group shot.

I think this spot will do nicely (and it is right next to the restaurant):

Three Lanes by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Actual B&W shots from tonight:

Phone Home by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Smartecarte by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Watching the Game by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Done Shopping by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

MikalWGrass

My wife wants me to improve as well, especially sports photography, but since we have three kids: 14, 10, 7, the only time I really have time is at night.

We recently moved to Palmetto Bay, off of Old Cutler. There is a bridge over the canal near the Deering Estate that always sees its fair of jumpers on the weekend, and when the police aren't around. I always want to take photos of the jumpers, but just can't seem to get away. Today I am fishing with the boys at that canal and will have my cameras. Hopefully I will be able to use the longer lenses seeing as I don't want to leave the boys alone with fish hooks and stuff.

Charlie_Boy

I took these several weeks ago at the Miles City Bucking Horse Sale, Montana

Shot these with an A7, 24-240mm lens hand held.