The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Audii-Dudii

Two from last night's outing:

A7R / Cambo Actus / Sigma Art 24/f1.4

Unfortunately, some of the delightful subtleties in the shadow areas (such as the gate details in the first photo) have gone missing during the transition from a 16-bit .TIF file in the ProPhoto color space to a compressed, 8-bit, sRGB .JPG, but take my word for it: When viewed on a large gamut, high-res monitor in their original form,. these photos are gorgeous! :)

Audii-Dudii

Six photos from my 11:30 pm to 3:15 am outing last night / early this morning, presented in chronological order:

A7R / Cambo Actus / Sigma Art 24/f1.4

FYI, taking the last photo, of a City of Scottsdale Municipal Building that's located immediately next door to the Scottsdale Police Headquarters (which is out of the frame to the right) resulted in my being detained by the police for nearly an hour. A passing security guard reported my behavior as "suspicious" and five of the six police officers who responded to the call took exception to my photographing a government building without having a better explanation for why I was doing so at 2:00 am than "because I wanted to do so and it's legal for me to do so." Unfortunately, I have learned from prior experience that no answer I give will suffice and what they really want me to do is leave the area, so they attempt to intimidate me accordingly.

Fortunately, I know the relevant law well and am careful to always conduct my photography within its limits, so their heavy-handed intimidation tactics are wasted on me. However, dealing with these situations does end up wasting a lot of time, which is unfortunate. Plus it gets my blood boiling, which in turn makes it difficult for me to unwind and go to sleep once I have returned home.

Oh, well... :(

Last edited: