The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

scho

Cayuga Lake from Stewart Park in Ithaca, NY. Sony A7II+Fringer CN-E AF adapter + Contax N 24-85. Converted to B&W in Luminar Neptune.

mediumcool

Nice! They are (Nerium oleander) quite toxic!
Indeed! There are a lot of them in the area, mostly pink; there is one white-bloomed plant at Marion by the supermarket bus stop, and I once grabbed a found shot of three life-stages there with no manipulation needed—bud, full flower, and dried-out senescence, all over the top of a glossy green leaf! Must look for it and repost (in the 4/3 section).

My title was intended to be a bit ironic! ;)

pegelli

This month I'm participating in the Dyxum "July Gathering dust challenge", objective is to get some hardly used primes from your collection cleaned and use them for a week to see that they still can be employed usefully

The 4 lenses I chose to use are:
- Panagor 28/2 (OM mount), gets looked over since I have the FE28/2
- Minolta MD 50/2, got this lens as part of a package deal with a bellows, almost never used it (I have too many nifty-fifties)
- Olympus 200/4, left over from my film days, sees very little use since it usually gets trumped by the Minolta AF 200/2.8
- Elmar 50/3.5 (M39), my father bought it in 1949, I used it as of 1968. Did double duty as our enlarger lens. Now forgotten since I got a 2nd hand Summicron 50/2

Here's a group shot of the set I'll be using:

There's still time to sign up to this challenge if you want, the more the merrier. It's 100% for enjoyment, no competition, no prizes!