The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

Thorkil

Hi there Thorkil,

actually it's the Voigtländer Macro Apo-Lanthar 65mm F2.0 Aspherical that's been to the woods this time ... :toocool:
For the spaceship-building it was the Sigma 20mm F1.4 at F8.0

Kind regards.
Hi Bart, thank you!
My thought was it looked different to the Art, in the wood :) :)thumbup:)
And the space-ship - even though the Art ought to dip a bit in sharpness at 8, its looks still extremely sharp and well controlled, also at the ends :thumbup:
(so a Nikon D850 + the 20 Art wouldn't be a bad match either in architecture)
Kind regards Thorkil

Knorp

Hi Bart, thank you!
My thought was it looked different to the Art, in the wood :) :)thumbup:)
And the space-ship - even though the Art ought to dip a bit in sharpness at 8, its looks still extremely sharp and well controlled, also at the ends :thumbup:
(so a Nikon D850 + the 20 Art wouldn't be a bad match either in architecture)
Kind regards Thorkil
For maximum edge performance 5.6 or 8.0 are best at a bit of loss in center (according to LensTip).
Still remains well over what they call 'decency level' and still very impressive IMO.

Attachments

Thorkil

For maximum edge performance 5.6 or 8.0 are best at a bit of loss in center (according to LensTip).
Still remains well over what they call 'decency level' and still very impressive IMO.
Yes that was exactly that test result together with your pictures that convinced me that this lens would be suited for having sharpness and fun together,
so I hope it will get on the Df and then after less sanity:)chug:), and after hopefully earning some more money, perhaps on a D850 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thorkil

Now that don't look like a 65mm any more, Bart. Did you have big pockets on with an Art smuggled with you? :toocool:

Knorp

Now that don't look like a 65mm any more, Bart. Did you have big pockets on with an Art smuggled with you? :toocool:
Ha! This is not your typical 20mm wide view, Thorkil.
And moreover the EXIF really reads 65mm ...

All the best.

pegelli

Fonske, a statue of a student in Leuven near the Town hall

A850 + Min 35/2

There are actually two ways to explain the statue

-1- The name is "Fons Sapientiae" which is Latin for source of wisdom, he's letting water flow over his head to symbolise the source

-2- It's a student flowing beer over his head while reading about his own behaviour

Take your pick :rolleyes:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Fonske, a statue of a student in Leuven near the Town hall

There are actually two ways to explain the statue

-1- The name is "Fons Sapientiae" which is Latin for source of wisdom, he's letting water flow over his head to symbolise the source

-2- It's a student flowing beer over his head while reading about his own behaviour

Take your pick :rolleyes:
-3- He's signaling to the waiter that his beer glass is empty and he needs another one. :angel:

--Matt

pegelli

Pieter, I have been curious.. how old are these pictures?
You can see it in the EXIF data, all dates are there.

Basically it varies between 2006 and today.

The reason I post older pictures is that most days I select a random month in my LR catalog and process one picture from that month that I haven't processed/posted before, and spread the results of this effort over various websites (incl. GetDPI).

So while the pictures can be up to 11 years old, the processing is no more then a few days old when posting and the picture hasn't been posted before.