The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
I live about thirty miles from there and have done for well over thirty years - but do not recall ever visiting it. Shame on me!
I didn't go in for a cup of tea, but now I've made the building look so interesting (!!) next time I'm there I shall go in to see what the inside looks like.

And the town itself has many interesting bits.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
WOW, what a beautiful "painting". Would you be so kind as to describe this amazing photograph. It's pictures like this that keep me inspired.

Thanks,

Joel
Thanks for those kind words, Joel. Makes me feel like an artist:)

Really just a humble jpeg shot with an RX100 and then played about with 'vigour'! in Nik Silver Efex and Nik Col Efex.

I start off in Silver Efex and slide sliders and click on colour filters to get an effect I am happy with. I save that and re open in Col Efex and use some of the many filters therein to achieve whatever result is possible and effective to 'my' eyes. Some favourites are 'Glamour Glow', 'Detail Extractor', 'Graduated Neutral Density', 'Low Key', 'Film Grain', 'Duplex' etc etc.

Here is the original and the 'Art'.

Does that explain a bit?

I do tend to be a bit over the top sometimes with my processing!! It's all just fun really.

k-hawinkler

Thanks for those kind words, Joel. Makes me feel like an artist:)

Really just a humble jpeg shot with an RX100 and then played about with 'vigour'! in Nik Silver Efex and Nik Col Efex.

I start off in Silver Efex and slide sliders and click on colour filters to get an effect I am happy with. I save that and re open in Col Efex and use some of the many filters therein to achieve whatever result is possible and effective to 'my' eyes. Some favourites are 'Glamour Glow', 'Detail Extractor', 'Graduated Neutral Density', 'Low Key', 'Film Grain', 'Duplex' etc etc.

Here is the original and the 'Art'.

Does that explain a bit?

I do tend to be a bit over the top sometimes with my processing!! It's all just fun really.

I would go with the more natural look, just make the sky look a bit more dramatic. :thumbs: