The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

iiiNelson

Haven't posted pics in a bit (and that's not because I haven't taken any) but here's a few from some of the late summer/fall weddings that I shot...

Fall Wedding Photos 8 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 6 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 12 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 10 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 33 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 30 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 28 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 21 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 23 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 25 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

pegelli

Nice shooting Tre, I especially like the cigar smoker, but also the gathering of best men at the front door :thumbup:

Something different, from a walk in the woods a year ago:

Both A7 + FE24-70/4 CZ

iiiNelson

Nice shooting Tre, I especially like the cigar smoker, but also the gathering of best men at the front door :thumbup:

Something different, from a walk in the woods a year ago:

Both A7 + FE24-70/4 CZ
Thank you.

The cigar smoker is actually the same groom from the wedding with the 1950 Rolls Royce. They were a fun group though and wanted to go to a cigar bar and have celebratory whisky/bourbon before the wedding.

I liked the overhead door shot too and its one that almost didnt happen. I was leaving the room they were dressing in for detail shots and noticed the hallway overlooked the entry... kinda. This was one of those many times the tilting screen came in handy as I had my arms our full extension (as far as I could) to get the FOV. This was shot with the 35/1.4 Sony Zeiss... there’s a color version I believe in the main fun with Sony thread.

All of the wedding pictures posted are a mix of images from 3 different weddings that I shot in consecutive weekends.

I like your forest shots too... I can never seem to make mine as moody as many others so I stopped trying unless there’s an animal I want to photograph as the subject.

k-hawinkler

Haven't posted pics in a bit (and that's not because I haven't taken any) but here's a few from some of the late summer/fall weddings that I shot...

Fall Wedding Photos 8 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 6 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 12 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 10 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 33 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 30 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 28 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 21 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 23 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Fall Wedding Photos 25 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Thanks Tre. Amazing B&W images.
They look more classy than their color version!
Perfect for the occasion! :thumbs:

Please keep your images coming, color and/or B&W! :clap:

Last edited:

iiiNelson

Thanks Tre. Amazing B&W images.
They look more classy than their color version!
Perfect for the occasion! :thumbs:

Please keep your images coming, color and/or B&W! :clap:
Thanks I’m a B&W person at heart but people like to see stuff in color too so I force myself to sit behind the computer and do color edits.

iiiNelson

Attended the Sony BeAlpha event in Nashville on Saturday night with the hopes of trying out the 24/1.4 GM which didn't arrive in time for the event. Fortunately, I was able to connect with the regional Sony Pro Support representative who actually lives within 10-15 minutes of me and she promised to get me a demo copy when it becomes available. There were people that shot an assortment of gear there from Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, and obviously a lot of Sony shooters. A9's, A7RIII's, and A7III's were available to shoot with along with some of the G-Master's, the Sony Zeiss, Sony G, and a couple of "regular” Sony lenses (like the 85/1.8) lenses... and with all that gear I largely still shot everything with my A7RII while utilizing various lenses.

Here's a few...

BeAlpha Nashville 22 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 20 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 2 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 8 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 1 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

BeAlpha Nashville 16 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Last edited:

pegelli

Last week I was travelling by tram one evening from the Antwerp city center back towards home. The first part of the line is underground and I managed to get a seat at the back window. So it was time to test some tunnel shots, a lot went in the bin but I think these two came out OK

1: Whizzing around the bend

2: Donut light effect

both A7ii + FE55/1.8