The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Oh that's a shame Tim as as far as I'm concerned it's the bugler who should be going from here to eternity as he has 'previous' with regard to a rather nasty and puerile (and what I would have termed racist) post I recall him making in the past with reference to Jean-Claude Juncker, but maybe as Dylan said 'Either I'm too sensitive or else I'm gettin' soft'.

Just my tuppence worth.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
tbhv55,

Remember that a jerk cannot be one if he's completely ignored. Next, it takes two to keep a pissing match going. I could have banned bugle for starting it, but my hope was you'd both take the directed hint -- him to avoid playing those games here at all, and you not to rise to that kind of bait. And FTR I am keeping a more watchful eye on bugle.

Cheers,

Bugleone

I'm more than happy to observe the forum rules and avoid contentious posts....but please remember that every 'anger' has two sides so others need to also be mindful of the rules.......

scho

I couldn't find the recent thread discussion about processing B&W in Darktable, but here is an old A6000M file that I reprocessed in Darktable. Very high contrast image but easy to handle without generating excessive shadow noise in Darktable. Rawdigger is also quite good at this and much easier to use compared to Darktable, but doesn't have much depth in processing choices. I use it primarily for extracting the blue layer data from Sigma X3F raw files for processing as B&W tiffs.

JoelM

Bought a Voigtlander 75mm f1.5 Nokton for the Leica, but thought I would do a quick cat test on the A7r(m). I like this lens already.

Joel

RPmono75voigt.jpg

Saxbike

Campbell Covered Bridge

a7RM2 | Zeiss Batis 2/25 | f/11.0 20sec ISO: 100

West Virginia

a7RM2 | Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 | f/8.0 (1/250) | ISO: 100

LocomotivePipes

a7 FE 35mm F2.8 ZA | f/6.3 (1/60) ISO: 320

WV_DSC05172

a7RM2 Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA | f/5.6 (1/800) | ISO: 100