The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
On yesterdays bike ride I tarried awhile to listen to the birdsong in the Midford valley and I watched a jet 'plane silently draw a white line across the sky,
and I wondered if perhaps it was the last jet 'plane I would see for a long time.

Attachments

JoelM

Oh, come on Gandolfi. You just scratched the negative and are trying to get away with it. :ROTFL:

Joel

pegelli

I live just outside the pre-WW1 defense ring around Antwerp. This consists of an anti-tank canal, flanked by some forts, redoubts and bunkers of which a large part is still there. I'm working on a B&W film project to document all these remaining structures (I guess about 80% still exists). It's a slow process and I think I'm not even 10% finished, but it's fun to do and the subject matter is well suited for B&W film.

However sometimes I take my NEX6 with the kit lens along to shoot some additional pictures and check light/composition etc. with the advantage of being able to chimp long before I can develop and scan the film.

Here's some results of that, just a sluice bunker in the anti-tank canal and a small defense bunker ~100 meter further upstream to have an extra defense option. These ones are located between Fort Oelegem and the redoubt of Schilde.

1: Sluice bunker:

2: Small bunker along the anti-tank canal

3: The sluice bunker from a bit further away

4: The two bunkers together

All NEX6 + E16-50PZ

Bugleone

Shac......Brilliantly seen casual portrait!....one of the best shots to reach these pages and one that I would have beeen proud to have made. The character and intelligence just shines out of that woman. Look at the intuitive, anxious finger pose and practical clipped fingernails....and the 'plain' glasses.... There's lots going on to look at in that pic!