The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fitting FE lenses on MFT?

tashley

Subscriber Member
I should (really) know this but is it possible to buy an adaptor to allow the use of FE lenses on MFT cameras?

Smoothjazz

I was curious too- if the Otus 55mm could be put on a Tech Cam for an IQ180 back; I guess it depends on the image circle of the lens. Anyone know the image circle for the Otus lenses?

tashley

Subscriber Member
Sadly I mean Micro Four Thirds, not Medium Format! I want to use my A7r selection on either a Panny or Blackmagic video rig.

V

Vivek

Sadly I mean Micro Four Thirds, not Medium Format! I want to use my A7r selection on either a Panny or Blackmagic video rig.
You can mount a MFT lens on Sony E (there is an adapter) but not the other way around for the reason K-H pointed out.

The Panasonic 20/1.7, for example, nearly covers the NEX frame but is super crunchy due to very high contrast required for the thick MFT sensor stack.

Just sell all the A7r lenses and buy some c mount lenses (huge selection). Smaller, cheaper and better.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys, that's what I thought. But I need to keep the lenses because, actually, I like them! So I'll probably end up getting an A7s instead though that whole rolling shutter thing is a PITA.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Scored an A7s today, traded in my A7R for it (mostly shooting on D810 at the moment anyway) and will get an A7RII when it arrives if specced as I hope.

This is the first time I've been this late to a party....

V

Vivek

Scored an A7s today, traded in my A7R for it (mostly shooting on D810 at the moment anyway) and will get an A7RII when it arrives if specced as I hope.

This is the first time I've been this late to a party....
Wow! Quite a trade! :thumbup:

If anyone wants a similar trade, please let me know. I can use a second A7s.